Where to buy a UKE Light Cannon

aso

Enlightened
ebay has 6 or 7 on there now(12-18-01,1:35PT), all using the 'buy it now' option

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aso:
ebay has 6 or 7 on there now(12-18-01,1:35PT), all using the 'buy it now' option<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There were only four left when I got there, and now just three remain.
grin.gif

Thanks for the hot tip.
smile.gif
cool.gif
tongue.gif

Somehow, I knew I'd be getting one of these things by Christmas, or not long after.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aso:
de nada
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

de nada?
sorry, I didn't take french in high school.
frown.gif

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
de nada?
sorry, I didn't take french in high school.
frown.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nor spanish!
wink.gif

loosely translated: your welcome! that's about all i remember from high school!
tongue.gif

aso

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Artie Choke:
nor spanish!
wink.gif

loosely translated: your welcome! that's about all i remember from high school!
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here
tongue.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
same here
tongue.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know how to say "the telephone is for you" in spanish (may have learned that from Sesame Street)
blush.gif
and how to ask for a beer in spanish but that's about the extent of it.
wink.gif

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
...(may have learned that from Sesame Street)... how to ask for a beer in spanish <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you learned how to ask for beer on sesame street?!!!!
wink.gif
(sneaky way to turn your quote around, eh?!!!
grin.gif
)

i could probably get pretty close: "mas cervaza por favor". or as my current brew (corona) says: la cervaza mas fina. (the beer most fine?)

so how soon until you light up the seatle sky line with your light cannon, so bright?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Artie Choke:
you learned how to ask for beer on sesame street?!!!!
wink.gif
(sneaky way to turn your quote around, eh?!!!
grin.gif
)

i could probably get pretty close: "mas cervaza por favor". or as my current brew (corona) says: la cervaza mas fina. (the beer most fine?)

so how soon until you light up the seatle sky line with your light cannon, so bright?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually la cerveza mas fina means the finnest beer, other spanish slang for cerveza is Chela. if you need some more spanish translations feel free to ask.

One more thing,Can the LC be powered by recheargable batteries?

thnx
Alex

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not call Brightguy and if they won't take a M.O. from you, threaten a boycotte by CPF members. Might work. Hell, we throw alot of biz to them.
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
so how soon until you light up the seatle sky line with your light cannon, so bright?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The money order for $164.75 is going out today, so I don't anticipate getting it until just after the new year; though I hold out some hope it may still show up sometime during the last week of December.

Last year, my special treat was a green laser pointer. This year, the Light Cannon. Next year, who knows... but last night I dreamt everything was on fire and I made a jump to a "transporter portal" leading to the year 3000. Wasn't as "futuristic" looking as I'd hoped, but everyone there had a decent looking HID flashlight and cigarettes were strictly a black market item.
blush.gif

The other night I dreamt about digimon again.
Guess I'd better quit watching channel 13. Or use next year's "Christmas bonus" to get cable TV put in.
shocked.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Too late, but you could have gone locally to the diving store in the Seattle area.

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlexGT:

Actually la cerveza mas fina means the finnest beer, other spanish slang for cerveza is Chela. if you need some more spanish translations feel free to ask.

One more thing,Can the LC be powered by recheargable batteries?

thnx
Alex
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

cool! i'll see if anyone at works knows what "chela"' is - as in "i'm ready for a chela!"

i believe it can use rechargeables. there's a long thread that discusses it - i think it was something like "light cannon - wow!".

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lor:
Too late, but you could have gone locally to the diving store in the Seattle area.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awwww {vulgar term for feces}.
frown.gif
mad.gif

I'd have even risked a dangerous & inconvenient trip on a bus to get my hands on one of those things without the 2-3 week wait.
frown.gif

I thought that light was one of those "internet only" things like so many of the other higher-end lights are.

Oh well... at least I *know* one will eventually show up at my doorstep. I suppose I'd better buy batteries now, so I won't have to make a trip for them when I discover it comes without them.
smile.gif

8 C cells, right?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

On brightguy's website the UKE Light Cannon's HID bulb is said to be more fragile than a typical halogen or xenon bulb. How much more fragile? Could I be out 75 bucks just for bumping the thing against a rock or branch? All though, it's not like I can't see where I'm going
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reflex:
On brightguy's website the UKE Light Cannon's HID bulb is said to be more fragile than a typical halogen or xenon bulb. How much more fragile? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i seem to recall a thread where someone who owns a light cannon dropped it 3 feet to the ground - maybe onto rocks - and it broke the bulb. not a flashlight you want to drop!

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
The money order for $164.75 is going out today, so I don't anticipate getting it until just after the new year... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

where did you order it from? i saw those ebay ones - all from new york - but the price was reasonable.

all this talk about the light cannon has me salivating!
blush.gif
grin.gif

i think i'll wait for the arc ls first. although the lc might be great for getting rid of tailgaters!
mad.gif
grin.gif
either that or mount some of those airplane landing lights on the back of my car... you have 3 seconds to back off... 3... 2... 1 - blam - you're toast!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
where did you order it from? i saw those ebay ones - all from new york - but the price was reasonable.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got mine from one of those ebay listings.
Scuba-something or other... "scuba-equipment" is his ebay name.

Figure it will take another 5 days for the money to get there, a day or two to pack it up & drive it to the nearest UPS office, and 3-5 days for the return trip via UPS 3-day. (Holiday rush, better give them a day or two headroom as well).
smile.gif

Seller has lots of good feedback related to shipping, so I don't anticipate any undue delays.

So with any luck at all, I may just have it in time to blast away all those pesky New Year's Eve revellers pissing in the doorway or shooting their champagne corks at my windows.
grin.gif