Traser Glowrings

darkhiryuu

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I was just wondering if anyone here knows of a good place to look for traser glow rings. I have heard many people carry these and was looking for a place to pick up a few of these handy gadgets. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Tjin

Newly Enlightened
if you live in the US, it's illegal to have one. If you'r british, start google-ing.

I personally find my taser dim, very very dim...

VT-Metal-VT

Newly Enlightened
Tjin said:
if you live in the US, it's illegal to have one. If you'r british, start google-ing.

I personally find my taser dim, very very dim...

Why is illegal to have a glow ring in the US ? :drool: :drool:

B@rt

Flashaholic
For some reason the government in the States thinks glowrings are "frivolous" and thus not needed, as opposed of the use of tritium in watches, compasses and emergency signs... :thinking: :shrug:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
All these rumors floating around...let me throw out what I "heard". I understand it has something to do with importing them, something about someone not having filled out the right paperwork or something.

Tritium is indeed approved in some other items floating around the US market, but I can't vouch for the accuracy of the import paperwork...just what I heard.

Back in the old archives, I believe there's a real answer - but so far those archives seem hard to pull up.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
VT-Metal-VT said:
Why is illegal to have a glow ring in the US ?
There are two schools of thought:

(1) Tritium could theoretically be used to create a nuclear weapon

(2) Vast quantities of frivolous, recreational Traser rings would accumulate and be a disposal problem, like discarded TV sets but worse.

#1 cannot possibly be correct, because:

(a) You don't need tritium to make a fission bomb (it's used for H bombs). H bombs require a fission bomb to trigger them, so no terrorist would ever make one.

(b) Any hostile group wanting tritium could just buy Traser rings on eBay, have a friend in UK get them, or get the many legal tritium sources in the US -- gun sights, exit signs, watch dials, etc.

Therefore it seems more plausible the US simply wants to limit the disposal problem. Whether such a problem would exist considering the UK handles it OK is another debate.

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Donk!, Donk!..... That's the sound of my forehead on the table !

Illegal, all they do is glow in the dark, and they're legal in pistol sight inserts, right ???

Somedays, I wish I lived in the US, somedays, I'm ok here in Scotland.....
:touche:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Come on guys!

I surfed by this thread hoping to find a Dealer who can supply me with a bunch of Glowrings I can give away as Christmas gifts.

I'm looking for about 10-20 in Green.

Anyone know of any sources please?

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
I did read that thread thanks.

I want a dealer I can pay by creditcard. Somebody I can call and order over the phone.
And I want the Glowrings with the silver end caps. I prefer them.

Al

P.S.
I remember the olden days when I could order 100 for £2.90 each.
I sold 50 on to a friend in the USA (for £2.90 each) and gave the rest away to friends.

LEDGloworm

Newly Enlightened
darkhiryuu said:
Hello. I was just wondering if anyone here knows of a good place to look for traser glow rings. I have heard many people carry these and was looking for a place to pick up a few of these handy gadgets. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I can help you out, http://stores.ebay.com/raven-tech
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions. I can supply any quantity and have all 3 colours available.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Greetings,

Just to confirm that the pink ones you have are pink and not pink vials in red tubes?

LEDGloworm

Newly Enlightened
Flea Bag said:
Greetings,

Just to confirm that the pink ones you have are pink and not pink vials in red tubes?
TBH, :thinking: u lost me there........... The polycarbonate keyring itself is pink and as for the vial, I am looking at it through a pink polycarbonate shell so I cant be sure what colour it is. The whole thing glows pink though and I see no red.

Hope this is what you wanted to hear.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Okay... I'm just as confused now... So there never was a red-version? Or this is a red version and there never was a pink version? :thinking:

I think I get it now... My bad! There never was a red one according to the glowrings website...

PM sent!

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al,

I've used Adventure Kit for a number of years and they've always treated me well.

I remember the good old days too. I'm not as generous as I once was; the new prices put a kink in my Santa-ism.

-LT