Need help to identify and/or review

LLonma

Newly Enlightened
Howdy all...

I was wondering if anyone could identify this light by Brand name and model #?

6111_bu.jpg

6111_x_3.jpg

Yes, I'm aware that it's probably a pretty cheap chinese POS light, but I saw a few of them on eBay and I just kind of like the way it looks, so I wanted more info before I fork over the big bucks. I've yet to hear from the seller about info.

If anyone has one of these, I'd love to hear your opinions of it and maybe see some of your own home-grown hi-rez pix. Likewise, if anyone knows if and where this light has been reviewed, a link would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all and BTW....great board you have here. I look forward to increasing my knowledge 100 fold!

Take care,

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are many lights of this type for sale. Putting a brand name on them is probably meaningless.

If you are interested in this type of multi LED light I recommend at least looking here: In2TheLight

The lights are Chinese, but come you you from LA. They have been checked out and packed with Duracell ProCells. He is a good guy to deal with and a CPF supporting dealer. 10% discount for CPF members.

I have the model A21 and it is a fun light and very decent quality for the money.

If you buy one of of eBay and it is coming from Hong Kong, be very careful of the shipping method and charges.

In the future, if you are asking about or referencing something on eBay, give us a link so we can see what you are seeing.

Mark

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
This flashlight has no brand name, it's just a Chinese low budget light. I have had 1 but I sold it. It has a giant flood, but a very bad throw. Battery runtime is not quite good due to the bunch of LEDs and lack of regulation.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I've owned a number of the various 14, 18, 19, 21 etc LED lights, mostly that run on 3xAAA cells and have sold all of them except one, and I just keep that one because I use the switch on another modded light because it feels a bit better.

In my experience, the newer XNovas put out a very usable flood of light and with only 5 LEDs, the battery lasts longer. Plus, I prefer using NiMH AAs if possible. I'm not saying the XNovas are brighter than these crazy 25 and 30 LED lights, but for most people and most uses, the point of diminishing returns on the brightness vs runtime curve is a lot closer to the XNova than a light with 30 LEDs.

And I personally don't usually like lights where the head is significantly larger than the body.