Flashlights at Cabela's

LEDMaster2003

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I was at our local Cabela's (outdoor/hunting/fishing store) b/c I was going to get my U2.

I was pretty pleased with the selection they had. They had the Inova X03s, Princeton Tech headlights, probably most of the SL line including the Strion and Stinger and Stylus, lights made by Browning (LED and combo LED/Xenon), Mags, their own brand (again incluing incans, combos and LED models) and of course the SF's like the A2, G2, U2...

But on to the matter at hand. I picked up and bought the U2, unpacked it and turned it on...
Blech. Why did I just spend 269.99 on this... O WAIT! It was on the low setting.:oops: So I turned it up to full-power and...:faint::duck: YEOUCH..! Needless to say this is my new EDC.

Last edited:

rmacias

Enlightened
Congrats on your purchase. I will be testing the U2 here shortly from the pass around coordinated by GreenLED. It sounds like a great light. Does yours have a donut hole?

RJM

LEDMaster2003

Newly Enlightened
Here's a beamshot. NOTE: The light it pure white, not this blue-greenish tint you see in the picture.

I tried everything I could, ending up with an Indoor white-balance setting and 1.0 EV on my Mavica FD92. The outdoor WB setting made it have that ugly green tint that Craig (LEDMuseum) calls " Rotten Cat Urine green"

Last edited: