Where do I get short wavelength UVA LEDs?

Tythagoras

Newly Enlightened
I'm having a terrible time finding sources for LEDs in the range of around 360-370nm. Everyone and their uncle is selling 395-405nm, but I have some and they're just purple. Materials seem to have very little more fluorescent reaction than with a blue LED. I want to detect things that I can't find with visible wavelengths. Also, anything that weakly fluoresces gets drowned out by the purple backscatter.

I know there were some group buys a while back, but I was too consumed with finding an EDC light that I didn't strike while that iron was hot.

I e-mailed The Fox Group, hoping the FoxUV is still in production. Does anyone here know of a component retailer who might stock something like the FoxUV (360nm) or Nichia's i-LED (365nm)?

Thanks,
Jon

Tythagoras

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help you guys, I got a reply from The Fox Group and he answered my questions and sent me the datasheets and waiver. They do sell direct to the public and the minimum seems to be 10 pieces. The prices are pretty similar to what they were offering on E-Bay. That suits me just perfectly.

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
Tythagoras said:
Thanks for the help you guys, I got a reply from The Fox Group and he answered my questions and sent me the datasheets and waiver. They do sell direct to the public and the minimum seems to be 10 pieces. The prices are pretty similar to what they were offering on E-Bay. That suits me just perfectly.

We have a few ones left over you can have (free) if you want. I would recommend the Nichia's if you need more power, peak at 365nm.

Piers