Clicky on my U2 stopped working... help

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
The tail button on my U2 stopped clicking. I can press and hold for on, but it won't click on. Any way to fix this easily or is it set for a trip to Surefire? I purchased this light less than a week ago, but it had been the display copy at the store (it was the only one they had left). It was behind glass, so I'm not sure how much it was handled. It's SN A07070, if that helps.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently had a tailcap prob with my U2, but not the same as your prob. I emailed SF and they said they would send me a new tailcap. Took about 30 days for me to receive it.

best regards

cognitivefun

Enlightened
I've been through 4 tailcaps for my U2. The current one sorta works. Has a hair trigger problem but I can live with that at this point.

cccp

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem before, but I did not emailed surefire for a new tailcap, I just add some 5-way lubricant and the problem has gone!

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire wills send you a new tailcap if you give them a call.

I can fix most issues with the SureFire clickies as long as they don't require parts, which they rarely do. Usually they just need some "tweaking" of the various components in order to function properly. I have been offering this as a free service for CPF members for about a year now. Hairtrigger, lights that won't click on or off, etc.--- most of these can be repaired.

Please send a PM if you have a SF clicky tailcap that is giving you trouble...

Peter