decision time--input needed

prof

Enlightened
Hey all,

I need some input, please. My wife's family usually asks for a list of possible gifts before Christmas. I'm out of ideas this year, so my wife suggested...a new flashlight (bless her!). I've only been using LED for a few months, and would like some input.

Here's what I have
inova microlight (white on keyring, red in car just for fun)
Gerber infinity ultra (cmg style: this is my most-used light--great for checking on the kids at night)
Inova X1 (carry in briefcase--bought this to compare to ultra)
Gerber LX 3 (used mainly for walks around neighborhood, hiking)
A variety of minimags, one with led drop-in
mag 4D
Probably some solitaires, etc around the house

I'm considering an Inova T1 or T2. I would like something between the ultra and the LX 3, in the $50 or less range. (I know the fenix would be a good choice but not sure my inlaws would be willing to deal with the order process).

My question is: am I missing a better option, and which do you prefer, the T1 or T2?

Intended use: general light to fill in between the ultra and the LX 3, for around the yard, hiking, walks, etc. This is not necessarily an EDC, but I would like to be able to toss in a pocket (or EDC if desired). I really prefer AA format but want more light--thus am considering the 123 formats.

Thanks!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Unless you're willing to be the source of supply for batteries, I would suggest flashlights that use "D", "C", "AA", or "AAA" batteries. The first time they see the price that Wal Mart is asking for CR123A batteries they will go into sticker shock and curse you roundly!

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The River Rock 2xAAA at Target is a surprisingly nice light (and cheap at $9) and will fill the gap between the Ultra and a LX3 very nicely.

prof

Enlightened
Roy said:
Unless you're willing to be the source of supply for batteries, I would suggest flashlights that use "D", "C", "AA", or "AAA" batteries. The first time they see the price that Wal Mart is asking for CR123A batteries they will go into sticker shock and curse you roundly!

Actually the light is for me, and I know to get them online...thanks, however. Good point.