Question about my new Streamlight TT 2L

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got one of these babys in silver from Lighthound.
My question is, the packaging says 2 modes, one for the 3 LEDs, one for the Xenon Bulb. But when going through the button cycle, there are 3 modes:
bulb/led/bulb/off:huh2:

I don't see a difference between the 2 bulb settings, neither looks brighter than the other. Since I don't have one of these yet, I don't know why it's set up like this. Is this just the way Streamlight sets their lights to behave?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Also, is there a brighter bulb to use as a replacement? I haven't had this thing more than 3 hours yet, just thinking toward the future...

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't quite understand your question. First, you said you had one, then it hasn't come in yet ????

My two TT 2Ls give (off-3LEDs-off-Xenon). There is an obvious difference in brightness between the two modes, with the Xenon being MUCH brighter.

I am not aware of a brighter Xenon bulb that works. Many, including me, have tried.

Some of the other TT models have slightly different switch modes; i.e., the 3C model goes (3LEDs-6LEDs-Xenon-off).

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry John, that second paragraph was supposed to say "I didn't have one prior to this one." I've got to learn to keep my posts shorter.

I just took it into my darken living room, and it goes xenon-led-xenon-off, but there is definately no difference in the xenon levels. As a matter of fact, the packaging specifically says "2 modes, 2LED's and Xenon". Thats why I'm wondering what that extra xenon is for, before it switches off. Maybe mines just quirky? Either way it works just like I was hoping, nice flood and bright on xenon.
The model info is: China 10/04
US Pats-6,523,972; 6,250,771; 5,871,272
TT 2L TTNM W/WHITE LED

JimM

Newly Enlightened
I've had my TT 2L for awhile. I just checked it again after reading your post, and the cycle on mine is "LED" "off" "bulb" "off" "LED", etc.
Jim

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are not two levels of either incan or LED on the SL TT2L. It is one or the other.

The switch sequence is OFF-INCAN-OFF-LED. It is circular. If you had the incan on and turn it off, the next button push will give you LED.

Last edited:

chrisse242

Enlightened
They probably made a mistake when assembling your light, this sequence doens't make any sense. If it doesn't bother you keep it, if it does, I'm pretty sure Lighthound will replace it.

Chrisse

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Chirsse has it right, it must just be a flub. Not enough reason to return it, which would cost time and money. How can I play with it, if it's enroute to and from Lighthound?
Besides, next year I'll probably reup and get the bigger/brighter model.
But thanks for telling me how the rest of your models worked, that's what I really wanted to hear from everyone.