Oxyride battery and Fenix

timcodes

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Is it okay to use the oxyride battery on Fenix 1lp?

I measured the voltage, it is 1.72 the draw is approximately 5 or something amps (though I may be wrong with the draw since my multimeter doesn't work properly on the wires...)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
From what I have heard the lithium and oxyride batteries will sag some under the 700 to 900ma load to a lower voltage which would probably make the overdrive perhaps 10 to 20% for awhile till those batteries are drained. The headsinking on the fenix is adequate enough to protect against that small of an overdrive. It is the 3-4.5v batteries that would be problematic for most of the L1P causing overdrive perhaps well above 50%.
I have read in other threads that the 1watt and 3watt luxeons are very similar such that it is hard to distinguish the difference in them by just looking at them. Many manufacturers already overdrive the luxeon to 1.2watt and claim they are using such an LED I believe. I do not know as much as some of the luxeons gurus but the biggest enemy of LEDs is heat, if you could get rid of all the heat at the junction inside the LED itself who knows how much light you could get out of even a single 5mm LED.