color changing led christmas lights ?

Amonra

Enlightened
Im about to decorate our recently opened showroom for christmas so i thought i might as well buy something proper the first time around. i was thinking of getting color changing led light strings but can't seem to find any. im going to need at least about 150ft. total. any ideas ?

Thanks

EricB

Enlightened
For tricolor, (blue, periwinkle, amber; red, yellow, green; blue, magenta, red, etc. There is ForeverBright, which you can get from www.Christmastreasures.com

For RGB 7 color (R y G c B m w) which cycle at different speeds, so each bulb is always a different color, there are the Intellishines (www.carpenterdecorating.com)

For many different colors, and programmed effects (with a kit that allows you to connect to a computer and completely control them yourself) there are the individually addressed strings, such as the DingDotz (www.ledeffects.com), and iColor Flex (www.colorkinetics.com) These are not really designed as Christmas lights, and are very costly, including the softtware and controllers. I got the DingDotz because they are offered in a 10 light "Demo Kit" for only $100 (generally, think $10 per light. So the 50 light strings of both companies are about $500!) Since they were designed more for larger commercial decorating; they might be just what you need.
If you're in Malta, Africa, you may also look into Asian websites as well, but these are the primary color changing string dealers here in the US.

[Maybe this should be made into an FAQ question (if we have an FAQ section). A lot of people seem to be asking for this now, and they can be hard to find even online!]

Amonra

Enlightened
im actually looking for rgb cycling lights meaning that each LED cycles through a number of colors. the size of the bulb is not important. colorkinetics and ledeffects are defenitely out of budget. it seems that intellashine has what im looking for but carpenter decorating does not seem to have an online store.

Amonra

Enlightened
I thought there would be more of these in the market considering that rgb leds have been around for quite a while now. does anyone know how i can buy from carpenter decorating ?

BTW Malta is not in Africa. Malta is a very small island in the middle of the mediterranean and is closer to Sicily than to the African continent.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Try Bronner's. That's where I got a couple of small sets last year. I don't know if they're selling them to the public yet, but I have a commercial "connection" for the samples.

Last edited:

EricB

Enlightened
For carpenter decorating, you have to go through their representatives, but it seems they are only US, Canad and Venezuela. Perhaps you could still contact one of those reps, and have then shipped over there.
Sorry, I must have confused Malta with Mali or something.

EricB

Enlightened
Click "contact Representatives" on the site.

Also, Thanksgiving night I put my DingDotz in the window; just in a simple upsde down "V", like a Christmas tree outline. Was the first on the block to put up lights, (though stored and streets already had them for a while). Then a few others began the following night.
But there is nothing else anywhere like the DingDotz! I taped the cord in a couple of places so all of the light modules (which are flat) would face outward, and they are very visible! (Moreso than the ForeverBrights I have).

Just wonder why no one has seemed interested.

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
EricB,

I'd love to try the DingDotz - they are exactly what I am looking for! Especially if they were weather resistant enough to stay up all year. That way, for each holiday I could line the roof with the seasonal color. Without touching a ladder again! Let's see - red/green alternating with white for Christmas, green for St. Patrick's day, orange for halloween, etc. . .

However, I can't justify the price.

I'll keep watching eBay, and hope.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Color changing star thread.

Loominosity makes beautiful glass fiber stars with 3 rgb leds as opposed to one rgb led. Really nice- just plugs into existing strand of lights.

These ornaments are spectacular. A must see. Highly recommended for those with xmas displays.

EricB

Enlightened
I was thinking in terms of full year use also. In fact, when I considered whether I should get the iColorFlex last year; I tried to use that to justify its cost-benefit. But with the cost of the softward and controller, it was just too much.
Perhaps when people request this more, they will soon come out with a consumer oriented Christmas string (remember, neither DingDotz not iColorFlex are these). I have already requested ledeffects to do that.

MrMom

Enlightened
I picked up two sets of 30 from Lowes. They are the typical pinecone in shape and change from royal blue to yellow running though the mix of the two colors. They appear to fade between the blue and white with two LED's. The blue is fired up on 1/2 of the AC cycle while the yellow is fed fron the other half.

Amonra

Enlightened
Has anyone dealt with davidzlt from Wanrun Hi-Tech Limited 501,Kingfeng Bldg,Heping Industrial Zone, Shenzhen,China 518103 ?
he is saying that they make RGB led light strings but has no photo of them. they do not accept paypal but only wire transfer. im just getting a bit suspicious that i might not get what i pay for.

BamZipPow

Newly Enlightened
This was the email reply I received:

Thanks for your inquiry.

We can provide our clients all kinds of LED light stripes, such as 10meter single color light stripe, RGB LED light, etc.
Below list our ten-meter LED light stripe info of for your reference.
Part No.: WR-RGB10W
LED quantity: 100pcs(RGB LED) per ten-meter stripe
Wire color: transparent
Color and change method: full color and gradually changing
Voltage: 220V AC,110V AC,24V AC etc.
Lifespan: +50,000Hours

Price(per ten-meters): US$95

If this is just the LED light stripe you are seeking, do feel free to let me know. if a longer LED light stripe needed, we can also custom-make it for you.

Look forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

David Zhao
Wanrun Hi-Tech Limited.
501,Kingfeng Bldg,Heping Industrial Zone,
Shenzhen,China 518103
Tel: +86-136-3262-2897
Fax: +86-755-6118-4116
E-mail:
[email protected]
www.wr-cn.com

Going to the website, I got this:
Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at www.wr-cn.com.

davidzlt

Newly Enlightened
We so appreciate all your kindly attentions, especially BamZipPow and Amonra.

But we do wanna clearify one thing----we are upgrading our website with a new domain and a better ISP provider now, that's why you can't open this website. With our business expanding, our former website has appeared so slow even couldn't be opened by overseas customers, so an optimized website and better ISP provider is very necessary for us, we do hope to show all of you a website with quicker responding speed and better interface.

We beleive our new website will be shown to you soon, you are welcome to visit it then.

Above all, we feel so regret that Mr.BamZipPow betrayed our company's info without our permission, I hold the right to report this trespass to Administrator of this forum and relevant Dept.

davidzlt

Newly Enlightened
Hi,Amonra,

To dispel your doubt and prove ourself a creditable LED light supplier, we would like to provide you our product firstly, you can pay for it after you get the product.
Please tell us your express delivery account to collect the parcel, we will send the parcel to you within 3 days once get your express account.

Amonra said:
Has anyone dealt with davidzlt from Wanrun Hi-Tech Limited 501,Kingfeng Bldg,Heping Industrial Zone, Shenzhen,China 518103 ?
he is saying that they make RGB led light strings but has no photo of them. they do not accept paypal but only wire transfer. im just getting a bit suspicious that i might not get what i pay for.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what ever happened with this? I too am looking for color changing lights. I am looking for a good price when considuring price per light.

Thanks,

Keith