Would you...

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
deliberately not pay the electric bill to put your lights to good use? With the money you'd save, you could buy another light.:naughty:

TorchMan

Enlightened
Only in a humorous way. If I don't have electricity, no cable, no tv, no internet. No good! I suppose I could buy ice for keeping the important things cold, like beer. And most of the months here, no AC? No way!

I don't even hope for a power outtage as much as many here do. And I'm well equipped with lights compared to the average Joe.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
you'll probably bug your neighbors every few days to borrow thier wall outlet to charge your batteries (if you are using rechargeable batteries).

i'll agree that its fun only if its temporary (couple hours max?). no tv no internet makes me go something something.........??!!!!!!!!!!!

cyberhobo

Enlightened
pfmedic said:
deliberately not pay the electric bill to put your lights to good use? With the money you'd save, you could buy another light.:naughty:

I'd save no money doing this. Upon power reconnect, I would still have the past due bill, reconnect fee and now the electric company would require a $300.00 deposit. It just don't add up Vern...:awman:

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
Nope, not me. Got a better idea pfmedic. If you wanna give your lights a workout, why don't you simply simply go around the house and unscrew every lightbulb in the place....furnace still works, computer still works, the game is still on the tv and the refrigerator still keeps the beer cold.

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
Hell, for that matter I could just turn all the lights off, but whats the fun in that? Yes, a couple of hours sounds fun though. I guess i should have thought it through a little further. :ohgeez: