Axshop LED keychains

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered one each of the lights and two of the laser pointers... along with a USB cable... all for less than the USB cable costs most of the time.

I guess we'll say... say's they usually ship in 5 days.

SuperNinja

Enlightened
I ordered some too, along with a bunch of other stuff (USB hub, networking tools, battery tester, speakers, pocket screwdrivers, and some other misc stuff).

Note:
This company used to have many complaints of slow shipping, but they claim to have fixed the problem, and they say to expect delivery within 7-10 days.
http://static.axshop.com/axshop/policies.html

EricB

Enlightened
What color are the laser pointers? Just red? I don't even see where it says.

Lenny7

Newly Enlightened
I ordered from this site a couple times. First time took a month and a half to get my stuff, and they didn't reply to any of my emails. Second time I got my stuff in two weeks. None of it is really any good and I won't be buying anything else there.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my order, 11 days after the order was placed. Somewhat of a mixed bag.

The two lasers work just fine and are freakishly small, using the AG3 rather than AG13/LR44 cells. The entire laser (except the keychain, of course) will actually fit into an AAA flashlight and I will probably rig one up to work on an LiON cell in a 2xAAA light just for battery reasons.

I also ordered one of the 3LED LR44 lights and one of the 5LED LR44 lights and though both are new in package, neither works intended. The 3LED light works if you hold the switch down, but it's a clickie and shouldn't need this... but I'll probably give it to a kid and the 'defective' switch will probably be a blessing but the 5LED light doesn't work at all. If I remove the batteries, and reinsert them, as I start to screw the tailcap down, the light flickers two or three times, but does nothing consistant and nothing when screwed down all the way. Spring looks stright so I don't know what the deal is... I'll play with it some other time.

The USB cable works perfectly... but it hasn't seen ANY rought use at all so I'm not sure how the internals will hold up.

Overall, I'm disappointed in the LED lights, but I still got two laser pointers and a USB cable for about $12 so that's not really all that bad.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about your 5led, cratz2. I ordered one when this thread went up, it shipped on 12-8 and arrived yesterday 12-12. I actually like the 5led. It's got a brighter spot than the ebay-Arc-clone, but less spill. Very blue color. It's got some heft for being a dinky light, and I'm trying it on my keychain this week after using the arc-clone for the last few days.
If it would run off a single AAA, it would be even better. Not a bad toy at all for $2.35 shipped(You can't beat "Destructive Pricing")!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I played with both the 3LED and the 5LED lights this afternoon. The 3LED, if I slightly unscrew the head, the switch works as intended, but only if it is just so. Again, I'll probably screw it back down and leave it as momentary only for the kids to play with.

The 5LED light, I think just needs a stronger spring in the battery compartment. It felt like the cells were moving a bit if the light was shaken, so I added first on little magnet, then a second. No difference with one magnet, but with two, it was a good strong intermittant light.
yellowlaugh.gif
Adding a third magnet did the trick and it works 100% now. But that's kinda cheesy that I had to add three magnets to get constant contact.

Having said that, they are both somewhat impressive in terms of output. I still think the king of sub $6 LR44 cell lights is the River Rock hourglass light from target, but the 5LED Axshop light I think is as bright as my first two XNovas (from a couple years ago). Runtime probably won't be stellar, but it puts out a very uxable amount of light.