18650 and 21700 cases?

Sphinx99

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for some high quality cases for 18650 and 21700 cells. Ideally cases that hold 4 or 6 cells per case, are waterproof, and high quality manufacture e.g. good for carrying on a backpacking trip, while mountaineering, or very frequent air travel with these cells thrown in a carry-on. I see no shortage of ~$2 amazon/google specials but not sure how to feel about these and would like something robust. Pointers welcome!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just buy something like a Pelican 1060 with foam and cut to fit.

Otter Box makes similar waterproof cases that aren't too large.

Chris

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
these are cute, but expensive for what they are, similar in dualy

20 slot waterproof

small waterproof 18650

Minahao 49 Round Ammo Storage Case

QGnpNHe_d.webp

19k8QJR_d.webp

18650 fit a bit lose, intend to cut some soft foam to size to place on top to keep them snug in their slots. But with the case closed, they may shift a little, but they don't escape their slots, nor do the 18500 (as I learned Saturday carrying the case vertically in a backpack during an hour and a half of trekking in the woods).

I have looked long and hard for cases, and I've never seen any case specifically dedicated to fit 21700, but the Minahao would work better for 21700 than 18650.

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Powerpax 18650 holders and put them either in a padded case (for travel) or a Sealine e-case (for hiking and mountain running) or locksak bags or equivalent (for multiday ultras).

Unfortunately they don't make 21700 holders yet. I sent them a mail a couple of times asking if they planned to but never got a reply.

I also tried these - build quality is good but batteries bounce in them so they are not good for runnig, might be ok for mountaineering.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it's true those tabs fit pretty tight but haven't had any problems after years of using them.
The only exception was an Eagtac 3400 18650 but it had a very thin wrap and it's been the only battery out of more than two dozens.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, they don't anymore but I think it's still relatively easy to find some of their cases for sale online.
There are some on Ebay, but I don't see any with foam and they are few.

Pelican is what you should try.

I have two 1060s and on one, I just used a spare piece of foam and cut it to fit 3 lights and some cells. It works well for cheap.

Buy used and save.

Chris