"2009" CandlePower Knife ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing that pic, you two look and sound to be very happy. It's reassuring to see couples who are still going strong and very much in love after so long together. Moral values aren't being washed down the drain after all. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thanks for sharing that pic, you two look and sound to be very happy. It's reassuring to see couples who are still going strong and very much in love after so long together. Moral values aren't being washed down the drain in America after all. :thumbsup:

I'm kinda wishing I hadn't found your post.... George & Carol are Canadian.

george tichbourne

KNIFEMAKER
OK, lets try this again, gee I don't like this kind of stuff, Chris is the fellow who is really good with this :hairpull:

drawingforcpfst3.jpg

(now the picture is SMALL - well I'm not changing it again tonite :( )

Blade length 2 7/8" OAL 7 1/2 - 8"

Cheers, Carol

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the folder. Reminds me of a snubby Umzumnaan. High hollow with a sharpened swedge, I presume? If we are going exotic, why not go with M4? Everybody and their brother has an S30V blade...

1 what

Enlightened
Due to the huge change in the Aust $ I'm probably out at this stage since I can't see a rapid improvement in the economy. Having said that I like the shape/dimensions.

steed77

Newly Enlightened
I am feeling the folder. It looks like that is the one I would lean toward.

I have your 2008 CPF "32" and it is a work of art. I will defiantly be watching this new 2009 flavor.

Maybe some nice skeleton cut-outs on the frame would be nice. But then again, I am not a designer.

As far as the folder, I do want a very very smooth action with a positive lock.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Balance on the first finger and a tanto grind at the tip. Larger thumbstud, an integrated whistle towards the end of the frame would be fantastic. Jimping at the ramp and lockbar cutout. G-11 and not G-10 scales. And again, M4 steel.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I'd also be interested in yellow or orange scales or whatever the sides of a knife are called. Sorry for my ignorance :D

tensixteen

Newly Enlightened
Some suggestions:

cpffolder.jpg

Point "A": Perhaps you could integrate the thumb ramps on both the handle and the blade spine to be one continuous line. that would make the lines cleaner.

Point "B": for the fixed blade, i feel there should be a finger guard too. (and perhaps the fixed blade and folder should both look similar to each other too.)

Point "C": Round this a little, and add a circular cutout to aid sharpening.

Cheers and Regards,
Nick

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Point "B": for the fixed blade, i feel there should be a finger guard too. (and perhaps the fixed blade and folder should both look similar to each other too.)

I like the blade curves better on the folder drawing and would like to see them on the fixed blade as well. Also I agree that since they both are proposed as the 2009 CPF knives, they should look very similar.

440C or S30V are both fine by me.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Point "C": Round this a little, and add a circular cutout to aid sharpening.

Sorry, have to disagree with you there. Some sort of lower guard would be nice. If that portion of the handle gets rounded, your fingers could slip onto the cutting edge.

I can't stand circular cutouts. In my experience, they are a minor contribution when it comes to aid in sharpening. What they are great for is causing the cutting egde to get hung up on what you're cutting, when you need to use the full length of the blade. A far better solution is to either leave it alone, or use the ramp cutout for ease of sharpening. (That works far better).

Here's a pic of the Michael Janich "Tempest" to illustrate what I mean....

tempestdm9.png

Last edited:

tensixteen

Newly Enlightened
Hey Monocrom,

I like a guard too, what i meant was this:

cpfolderevised-1.jpg

if you look at the right side of the picture, the top diagram illustrates George's original design, and the bottom one is the one which i tweaked to show what i mean..=)

Cheers and Regards,
Nick

Sorry, have to disagree with you there. Some sort of lower guard would be nice. If that portion of the handle gets rounded, your fingers could slip onto the cutting edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.