2017 EagleTac D25 Ti Series

MisterBosworth

Newly Enlightened
Originally Posted by CelticCross74
not seeing a hint of these 2017 Ti's anywhere the ET page still has the 2015 models up​

Just ordered a 2017 D25a with a Nichia 219 from Nightowl Gear. Not sure when it will arrive, but I'm excited!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
for real? Will check it out. NOG is also the worst retailer I have worked with so cannot help but be skeptical.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the tint from the 219B-V1 5700k is anywhere like my Jaxman E2's (which uses the same LED and binning), then it's actually very warm for a light that's on the slightly cooler side of things. There's plenty of deep red rendering for inner-warmth, and the tint is very rosy-- something which a lot of the current 5000k 219Bs lost.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
219B-V1 5700k… Jaxman… tint is very rosy… which a lot of the current 5000k 219Bs lost.

I hope you will post a side by side beam photo of the lights you are talking about. If you have a Lumintop Tool w Nichia to include for reference that would be really helpful too.

Im a huge fan of Rosy and very curious to see how the Jaxman 5700K Nichia compares to the 4500K Nichia in the Lumintop Tool, and Ive never seen a comparison to a 5000K Nichia.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope you will post a side by side beam photo of the lights you are talking about. If you have a Lumintop Tool w Nichia to include for reference that would be really helpful too.

Im a huge fan of Rosy and very curious to see how the Jaxman 5700K Nichia compares to the 4500K Nichia in the Lumintop Tool, and Ive never seen a comparison to a 5000K Nichia.

Yeah, if not completely "pure white", I'd rather a light err on the side of rosy vs either green, orange, blue or yellow which I see all too often.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll try to get some tonight. Nothing outdoors though, will probably just do some white walls, woods, and objects etc.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill wait for the XP-L models. Or possibly an XHP35? Whichever I just know to jump on one as soon as I find it cause I know they will sell out in under 45 days

diablo266

Newly Enlightened
I'm a bit confused by these. Is there a neutral option available? If i don't want a super cool light am I forced to get the nichia?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a bit confused by these. Is there a neutral option available? If i don't want a super cool light am I forced to get the nichia?
I don't think there is a Neutral option yet for the 2017 version. Probably in the works for later or some dealer exclusive.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Nichia IS Neutral, how can you go wrong with High CRI?
Well everyone has their own definition of "neutral", but they're quoting 5700K and to me that's no longer neutral. Probably still nice but... CRI and color Temp are separate things, you can have a high CRI at any color Temp.

Redemption

Newly Enlightened
Can someone point out exactly what's different between the 2015 and 2017 Limited Edition lights aside from body style?

They both have solid brass heatsinks and LED directly soldered onto copper according to the two pages:

2017: http://www.eagletac.com/html/d25tircnew/features/index.html
2015: http://www.eagletac.com/html/d25tircnew15/features/index.html

From what I can see:

* new body style
* 5700K Nichia D220 in 2017 vs 5000k Nichia in 2015
* HD V6 in 2016 vs HD V5.

The 2015 body style is arguably better if you prefer knurling.

Is that it?

markr6

Flashaholic
Well everyone has their own definition of "neutral", but they're quoting 5700K and to me that's no longer neutral. Probably still nice but... CRI and color Temp are separate things, you can have a high CRI at any color Temp.

Yeah they really should have stuck with 5000K.

Digital Copywrite

Newly Enlightened
Yeah they really should have stuck with 5000K.

I have to agree.

I have a 2015 D25C Nichia and I recently thought I was buying a 2015 D25A Nichia, but ended up with a 2017. I like the new finish but I think I miss the knurling.

But it doesn't matter, I'm probably returning it due to the tint. I wanted the light for the 5000K and AA configuration on what I already had, specifically. After receiving it, becoming confused and comparing it, I just don't like it. In theory 5700K may not have been a deal breaker for me, but I have a hard time believing what I'm seeing is 92 CRI. It does not look anything like any of the other Nichia 219 lights I have. It's still a tad warmer than my cool white lights from what I can tell, so I can see why it could still qualify as "neutral", but blues are very exaggerated and it doesn't feel nearly as pleasant.

I will try to take some comparison photos this weekend, if I can. It's still a good light, but if you wanted the 5000K emitter and are wondering if this one is close enough, it doesn't look like it to me. Tint isn't everything to me, but I bought the light for it, and it did not deliver.

Climb14er

Enlightened
I've got the 2015 AA Clicky Ti version. Fine pocket light. It does get fairly warm running full bore at the beginning. Really nice workmanship, excellent quality.

amanichen

Enlightened
Do these still have the insufferable UI?

I've been eyeballing an Eagletac TI for a few years but just can't get over the click and twist fest blinky mode UI that's stuck in 2007.