• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 3rd Run: MC-E + 18650

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
An extra Sapphire crystal Lens will be available in 3rd run with extra $10.
For the 1st & 2nd run HAIII lights, $10 shipped too.
Don't pay now, just let me know you want it is OK. :)

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
I have an MC-E from the second run and I'm happy to report that there is no flickering at all in any of the modes. :thumbsup: The output is incredible for a light that is just a bit bigger than my Fenix P3D!

Btw, just a general comment about batteries: I use an AW 18650 as well as unprotected 18650's and they all fit and work well. Runtime on High with the AW 18650 was 47 minutes before it begins to flash intermittently - I'm assuming that it's warning that the voltage is dropping below what the driver is requiring. During the run, I don't see any significant drop in output - at least, to my eyes - but I don't have any real measuring equipment to confirm... I may try to use my photo light meter to measure EV just to see if there is a noticable drop.

Thanks for the info! I am glad to hear you are liking your light. I can't wait to get mine!

This is now one of my favourite lights and I now use it as my back-up edc in my coat pocket.:party:
So if this is your back-up what is your main EDC :confused:

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
An extra Sapphire crystal Lens will be available in 3rd run with extra $10.
For the 1st & 2nd run HAIII lights, $10 shipped too.
Don't pay now, just let me know you want it is OK. :)

If we decide not get one of these and need one later down the road, will a replacement be hard to find? Is it a standard size that could be ordered from someone?

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size is 20mm x 1mm, it is standard. I think it should not be difficult to find except the extra shipping/handling charge.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Thanks RGB_LED, The drive have low voltage warming, it will flash once every 30sec.
That will not affect the the real world usage and let you know it has to recharge. :naughty:
Thx download, I kinda figured that it was a low voltage warning... :cool:

Thanks for the info! I am glad to hear you are liking your light. I can't wait to get mine! So if this is your back-up what is your main EDC :confused:
I edc a NiteCore EX10 Ti in a holster on my belt. The MC-E is a great light but is just a bit too big to edc on my belt at the office :eek:... so I carry it in my jacket pocket. :grin2:

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
All parts arrived including Sapphire crystal.
Expected fininhing time within 3 weeks. :)

nitewind

Newly Enlightened
Hi Download,
Can I specify green tailcap for my light.:candle:
Thanks
Nitewind

beetleguise

Enlightened
I have been using mine for a week now at work, and I have to say this is the best light I own. I can inspect the verticle stabalizer on an airbus with this little thing better than anyone else I work with carrying a big light. I can run this thing all night and the battery holds, however, I would not run it on high more than a minute at a time. Medium is plenty bright.
I bought a holster from lighthound and a skull lanyard to go with it, so they are all olive drab. It is a great setup, if I had a little more money, I think I would buy 2!
Great EDC.:thumbsup:
http://www.lighthound.com/Wilson-Ta...ll-Bead--Black-and-OD-Green-color_p_2342.html

http://www.lighthound.com/Maxpedition-4quot-Tube-Sheath-OD-Green_p_1066.html

Buy these accessories.

Last edited:

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
beetleguise,

How hot does this get when running for extended periods on medium? And how far does it throw (I know it is going to be more of a flood, but curious if it had a decent throw)? Do you have another light that you could compare it to?

Thanks

beetleguise

Enlightened
Sprinkle,
I would say the light is pretty floody, but it is usefull up to about 60 ft on high! Compared to a regular maglite, at the same 60 ft distance, this is brighter, and the flood is about 20 ft wide- there is no spot!! Amazing. It is brighter than all my p-7's, and way smaller. I run this light on medium with bursts on high for about 15 minutes all the time with no overheat issues.:twothumbs

saltytri

Enlightened
I was wondering if mine needs an adjustment. It has a very noticeable hole in the middle. Does anyone have any recommendations?

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
beetleguise, thanks for your sharing.

FRANKVZ & rkJr, may have 1 or 2 extra when finish will tell.

saltytri, I can offer heavy OP reflcetor to smooth out everything.
Expected bigger & dimmer hotspot.

saltytri

Enlightened
Thanks, Charles. I think that might be a good solution.

Just so everyone understands, some donut is pretty much unavoidable with a light like this and the seller made it known from the outset that this one is no exception. I'm not unhappy - this thing is a real barn burner and is nicely made! But it doesn't hurt to try for an improvement.

rkJr

Enlightened
beetleguise, thanks for your sharing.

FRANKVZ & rkJr, may have 1 or 2 extra when finish will tell.

saltytri, I can offer heavy OP reflcetor to smooth out everything.
Expected bigger & dimmer hotspot.

Thanks, Download, LMK. I was bummed that I got here to late for the eight!

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
Sprinkle,
I would say the light is pretty floody, but it is usefull up to about 60 ft on high! Compared to a regular maglite, at the same 60 ft distance, this is brighter, and the flood is about 20 ft wide- there is no spot!! Amazing. It is brighter than all my p-7's, and way smaller. I run this light on medium with bursts on high for about 15 minutes all the time with no overheat issues.:twothumbs

Thanks a lot beetleguise!

This is the kind of info I was wanting!