4 Sevens (Lithium Primary) Moonlight Runtime Test

Darvis

Enlightened
:thumbsup: Here's to not being able to use the light for almost two months! :nana:

Well, just those two... I have three other Quarks to play with if needed, plus a giant box of Quark lego parts. :devil:

I can build the Quark Taj Mahal.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, just those two... I have three other Quarks to play with if needed, plus a giant box of Quark lego parts. :devil:

I can build the Quark Taj Mahal.

I bet if you put a wide spring (to contact the body tube) into a 2xAA tube, you could make a double-ended quark!

[head] [body with 14500] |/\/\/\/| [body with 14500][head]

Sure it'd be always-on, but if you set loose to Moonlight and tight to Strobe, you'd have a nice party.

scout24

Flashaholic
Quark Taj Mahal...:crackup: Alright, Darvis- 8:15 last night, on moonmode, 2019 dated Surefire primary since I was out of 4sevens ones... sitting next to the "D" cell matterhorn in my drawer that I threatened to run after the cool post from Flying Turtle...:) I started the Quark in anticipation of your response, and the "D" last week after posting just because...

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so we have a quark running on a D battery in lowest mode?

Ok, we'll talk again next year then... :D

scout24

Flashaholic
Sorry, Matterhorn HP on a "Duracell D"... Inspired by Flying Turtle's photo and idea in the last runtime test Darvis did...

Darvis

Enlightened
...Alright, Darvis- 8:15 last night, on moonmode, 2019 dated Surefire primary since I was out of 4sevens ones... sitting next to the "D" cell matterhorn in my drawer that I threatened to run after the cool post from Flying Turtle...:) I started the Quark in anticipation of your response, and the "D" last week after posting just because...

Sweet! Alrighty kids, smoke 'em if ya' got 'em... :popcorn::popcorn:

Darvis

Enlightened
And so the first 24 hours passes with no changes to report. ZZZzzzzzzzzzz......

Xak

Enlightened
Can you test some twins (same lights same batteries) one constant on and turn the other one on and off every time you check on it?

I'm curious if there is a point where you turn it off and it won't come on again, and if that point exceeds say the life span of just leaving it on constantly or if it's better to leave it on for, say, 12 or 8 hrs a day and off the rest.

See what I'm getting at? Sorry if I'm not so able at describing my point so well. Had a little wine to reduce the stress of being in front of the grand jury today (don't ask).

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you test some twins (same lights same batteries) one constant on and turn the other one on and off every time you check on it?

I'm curious if there is a point where you turn it off and it won't come on again, and if that point exceeds say the life span of just leaving it on constantly or if it's better to leave it on for, say, 12 or 8 hrs a day and off the rest.

See what I'm getting at? Sorry if I'm not so able at describing my point so well. Had a little wine to reduce the stress of being in front of the grand jury today (don't ask).

We've tested this, it doesn't seem to matter if you turn it off and back on.

Darvis

Enlightened
We've tested this, it doesn't seem to matter if you turn it off and back on.

Thanks Wyager, and exactly- check out the linked thread at the top... no difference at all; you may click in full confidence!

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
So awesome. The xpg moonmode is pretty bright for being so dim. :thinking:

Looking foward to results!

Eyes are pretty good in the dark. There are times when really I want the moonmode to be more like 0.02 lumens. But at that point the electronics would be taking 99% of the power. My vague numbers show that about 40% of the battery power goes to the LED on Moon Mode.
2000 mAh eneloop lasting 300 hours.
6.667 mA 'tailcap' draw * 1.2v
8 mW power draw

1 mA stated drive current * 3.2 Vf
3.2 mW power drive

3.2/8 = 40%

Darvis

Enlightened
All lights at 48 hours with no changes to report.

The next 20 will be telling for the ReVo if it's to exceed specs... we shall see.

scout24

Flashaholic
GO REVO!!! 48hrs. with 1x123, all good...:) 195 hrs. and going with the 1D Matty hp from the last thread btw. Thanks, flying turtle!!! Still pushing +/- 10 lumens...

Last edited:

Darvis

Enlightened
The ReVo has hit its stated runtime of 67 hours continuous on low with no signs of dimming or flickering. :)

Darvis

Enlightened
All lights at 72 hours (3 days continuous) with no changes to report; this includes the ReVo.

Darvis

Enlightened
The ReVo is out. I checked it at Midnight last night and it was on with no dimming or flickering at all, got up at 5am and it was not.

I'll give this light an ~82 hour continuous rating on low. Not to shabby for a AAA light that maintained a constant brightness throughout.

I'm not sure if it started to flicker or not towards the end, possibly, I doubt it faded at all since most of the lights in this line either flicker, or simply shut off.