6P boring?

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
it's a different light, but as to 17670s, my Surefire Fury P2XD (Defender variant, single output) seems to taper towards the head and I haven't tried forcing in a protected AW 17670 in all the way because it probably wouldn't come out haha

but that being said, the walls on the P2__ series Surefires are apparently much, much thicker than the 6Ps we know and love

My standard Fury will accept an AW 17670 with no problem. If they are tapering the new ones then they might taper the newer 6Ps which was the original question I had. Meaning that they had a line of light that could accept 17670s (like the 6P) and now moved to taper the new ones.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
My standard Fury will accept an AW 17670 with no problem. If they are tapering the new ones then they might taper the newer 6Ps which was the original question I had. Meaning that they had a line of light that could accept 17670s (like the 6P) and now moved to taper the new ones.

what's your Fury's SN? I'll have to grab mine and see, but maybe yours is older? I just got mine a few days ago from Amazon

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
From what I understand you can't tell the age of a surefire based on the serial number but I got just before the tactical and other versions came out.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
oh man, are you serious? i always thought the lower the SN the older it was?

What I have read here on the forum is that Surefire does not want it known how popular a light is so they mix up their SN numbers so you can't tell. Anyone if willing might shed more info on it. That's all I know. My SN is A95753