6P now has a Pyrex lens.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
May be another misprint
rolleyes.gif

I hope if it does have Pyrex, it stays the same size...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I just got one a few weeks ago...anit-roll bezel, but no Pyrex. Doesn't mean it wasn't "old stock" though.

nihraguk

Enlightened
that's what they said in the 2002 catalog as well...i doubt they'll be changing it to pyrex.

FC: it will stay the same size, except it will have that nylon retaining ring like on the M2 bezel
smile.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the Pyrex bezel for 6P now is quite a bit larget then a standard bezel.

Skid

Newly Enlightened
I was under the same impression as nihraguk. It is the standard size. I just ordered one for my Z2 and Z3.

Skid

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering with all the possible misprints in the SF catalog, Aren`t they opening up for a lawsuit? for not selling what they are advertising? I hope not.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C2 bezel with pyrex is the same size as the 6P bezel with lexan, diameter wise.

SurefireM6

Enlightened
This could be a good thing or a bad thing. With the lexan lens, it was possible to replace it in a couple minutes for about $3. You can't replace the Pyrex lens, it it breaks or scratches your stuck paying $28 for the bezel.

On my heavy use 6P I still have the Lexan so I can change it out every so often.

nihraguk

Enlightened
SureFireM6: i agree, that's why i still prefer lexan bezels
smile.gif
its not often i leave the light on long enough to deform the lens anyway.

Stingray: so the C2 bezel is slightly longer than the normal lexan bezel?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The Pyrex Z44 "C2" bezel is slightly longer (1 mm I think) then the press-fit Lexan old style 6P Bezel, but Lexan lensed version which retained by a screwed in ring should be basically the same as the Pyrex lensed version secured by the same method.

Has anyone actually scratched their Pyrex lensed SureFires?

Al

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Size15s:
Has anyone actually scratched their Pyrex lensed SureFires?

Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Al,

I vaguely recall an old post where you (I think it was you) mentioned that you had subjected certain pyrex-lensed SF lights to severe abuse but had never broken a lens.

Was it you, and is this correct?

Brightnorm

nihraguk

Enlightened
Al: pyrex....nope, not on the M2 and E2e i had. lexan yes, though its still quite tough (and cannot be shattered). if you're going to use a surefire in such a way where breaking a pyrex lens might be possible, then it would be wiser to get a lexan bezel cos that way you can simply change the lens for a few bucks.

kev1-1: not really...i have some maglites that have seen a lot of use and have very badly banged up bodies and lenses, but the beam is indistinguishable from a new maglite.

brightnorm: i recall that pyrex lenses have been broken. there was a pic posted a while back by Al that showed an abused G2Z with a cracked pyrex lens, and i recall he also mentioned that the M2's bezel would prevent the bulb from breaking even if the impact was hard enough to break the pyrex lens.