75W/55W/35W HID Flashlight in Ebay

Kdizabc

Newly Enlightened
The 65w(not the BRIGHTER 75w) has been measured at 4668lumens(ANSI) OTF by a CPF member. Using the same equipment, he has measured a Fenix TK70 at 2200 lumens OTF. As a bonus, the 6000K 65w HID had a visually warmer tint than the XM-Ls on the TK70. I got a sinking feeling that my beloved L35 is gonna be relegated to second best in my collection once the 75w HID shows up next week.

please let us know what you think of this light, i am very interested in the same light.(75w HID Ebay) ans a comparison would be nice.

TheRealDoodle

Newly Enlightened
I have the xeccon 35/55/75w. and I love it. Its got a great throw and good flood. Runtime is great too, on the 7800mah. I charge it like once a week if i play with it every night...which i often do :)

stollman

Enlightened
I just picked one up this week. Ordered an extra battery and some extra glass lenses (no charge). I turned one of the spare lenses into a diffuser for my video work by going to a Michael's craft store and buying some glass etching solution. You wipe in on the glass, let it sit a minute, and then wash it off with water...creates a frosted lens which smoothes out the light pattern. The 75W light is about the same size as my Oracle 35W light, and has a "whiter" light color. The head is a little smaller than the Oracle. I am pretty happy with it so far. Need to run it in a little. You can adjust the beam as mentioned previously, though I don't think it is designed for "focusing". Now all I need is to find a padded sleeve for it to protect it for when I go caving.

6lbsoft

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone this is my first post =)

I just picked up this flashlight through Ebay on Monday. This is a very impressive light. It does get hot though after about 10 minutes on the 75 watt setting. Blows my 100w H4 spotlight away =)

stollman

Enlightened
The extra glass lenses were free. The spare battery was a little over $60 USD

I paid $238.00 USD, shipped & insured from Hong Kong

Included:

1 x 75W/55W/35W Flashlight, Black
1 x AC adapter(100-240v) with plug adapter to fit the local power point (U.S. Plug)
2 x 7800mAh Li-ion battery

1 x Car charger
1 x Shoulder strap
1 x Extra yellow lampshade (filter)
1 x Instruction manual
1 x Emergency build-in LED (per battery)

1 x Cleaning cloth
1 x Aluminum Suitcase
3 x Replacement Lenses

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the 75w version which apperas to be neutral White light. When I asked the seller about a 8000k bulb he has advertised separately he told me that the colour is very much dependant on the battery. Is that correct? I thought the light colour is determined by the bulb/ballast.

Mohan

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the 75w version which apperas to be neutral White light. When I asked the seller about a 8000k bulb he has advertised separately he told me that the colour is very much dependant on the battery. Is that correct? I thought the light colour is determined by the bulb/ballast.

Mohan

light color is NOT dependent on the ballast, it's biased on the bulb.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Way to roll out the welcome mat. He's been here for 3 days, think about that.

EDIT: Actually he just joined today.:wave:

Last edited:

TheRealDoodle

Newly Enlightened
The extra glass lenses were free. The spare battery was a little over $60 USD

I paid $238.00 USD, shipped & insured from Hong Kong

Included:

1 x 75W/55W/35W Flashlight, Black
1 x AC adapter(100-240v) with plug adapter to fit the local power point (U.S. Plug)
2 x 7800mAh Li-ion battery

1 x Car charger
1 x Shoulder strap
1 x Extra yellow lampshade (filter)
1 x Instruction manual
1 x Emergency build-in LED (per battery)

1 x Cleaning cloth
1 x Aluminum Suitcase
3 x Replacement Lenses
I should have gotten an extra battery. I paid 169.00 with 4 day DHL from hong kong. Can you do me a favor and measure voltage of your batteries when fully charged? Im getting 10.46v...and on the sticker it says 11.1v battery.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
light color is NOT dependent on the ballast, it's biased on the bulb.
thanks. The seller on ebay insisted that it was the voltage driving the bulb that would change the colour of the light. When I disagreed he became rather patronising. below is his response "no , my friend ,the color tempreture is decided by the volume of battery ,not by the bulb , 65w battery's volume is 6600mAh ,and the color tempreture is 6000K ,while 75w is 7800mAh , 8000k ,please note this ! by the way ,the difference between the 65w and 75w is the battery ,75w is updated from 65w . -qpstore_de"

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mohan, the colour difference is because of the type of bulb used in the different wattage lights. For the ebay models i can confirm this because i own both 65w and 75w models. The colour temperature is cooler for the 75w and warmer for the 65w. I inspect it visually cause i don't have a light meter to confirm.

Anyway, don't worry too much about it and use the light as it suppose to. Enjoy the beam in the darkness... :)

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Triode888

thanks for clearing it up. I am happy with the light and enjoy using it very much.

Judge

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Has anyone looked at the bulb in these and determined what base/connector ! it has ?

Looks like an interesting beast.

SC

Alias

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I've bought one of the 75W Ebay HID torches and have a problem with it. Just wondering if anyone else had the same fault (and is there a solution!!).

The battery keeps shutting down on mine when I try to turn on the torch and requires to be briefly plugged into the charger to reset it. The torch gives a quick flash and then dies. I suspect it is due to the high current required to strike the bulb, however it is very annoying as it happens about 1 in every 4 attempts to power up the torch. I thought it may be a battery fault so ordered a spare but this does exactly the same. It kind of makes it useless in the field as you need a power source to reset the battery with you "just in case"!!

I've ordered a spare ballast/bubble and will see if this cures it (although it looks quite tricky to fit).

Has anyone else come across this problem or is it just me?

Many thanks,
Martin

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Hi Martin,

Looks like the ballast/lamp thats giving the problem. Its under warranty, just send it back for a replacement.

Yes, the spare battrey comes in real handy...

Good luck..