75W/55W/35W HID Flashlight in Ebay

led2011

Newly Enlightened
I bought the 75w version which apperas to be neutral White light. When I asked the seller about a 8000k bulb he has advertised separately he told me that the colour is very much dependant on the battery. Is that correct? I thought the light colour is determined by the bulb/ballast.

Mohan

AS far as I am concerned the neutral white is dependent with the color temperature. There is nothing with the battery

dwar06

Newly Enlightened
Hey there! I got a 75 watt HID from aliexpress, china. Nice light , but have nothing else to compare it to, only a 1300 lumen, 1x 18650, 5x Q5 Brinyte. Is there a lite with better throw distance to spot and ID game. Also can I just leave the battery in the light and use it day to day when needed, or do you take out the battery every time? I use the lite when my dog has to go out, she is gonna **** herself waiting for me to put the lite together.

Dan

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next week hopefully I will able to compare this 75w HID with the Polarion PH50 that I am hoping to receive.

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Well, i should say the PH-50 will beat the 75w anytime. I have the NR on with the 75w but on actual test in the field i can see more area with the NR. At least 50% more.

I tried to take some screen shots but didnt turn out well. I hope you'll have some fun doing the comparison. Good luck.. :)

led2011

Newly Enlightened
Hey there! I got a 75 watt HID from aliexpress, china. Nice light , but have nothing else to compare it to, only a 1300 lumen, 1x 18650, 5x Q5 Brinyte. Is there a lite with better throw distance to spot and ID game. Also can I just leave the battery in the light and use it day to day when needed, or do you take out the battery every time? I use the lite when my dog has to go out, she is gonna **** herself waiting for me to put the lite together.
Dan
Can you offer me the link of a 75w HID light from aliexpress, China?

Norselight

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I've bought one of the 75W Ebay HID torches and have a problem with it. Just wondering if anyone else had the same fault (and is there a solution!!).

The battery keeps shutting down on mine when I try to turn on the torch and requires to be briefly plugged into the charger to reset it. The torch gives a quick flash and then dies.

Hi, i received the exact same light yesterday and have the same issue. It seems like there is some kind of protection kicking in when the bulb is cold.
I have contacted the seller and awaiting his response.

Brgds
Kevin

TheRealDoodle

Newly Enlightened
You turned off the switch on the battery before you charged it and have the switch on the off setting while using right?

I would also check the voltage of the battery when fully charged. Its possible you got a dud.

Last edited:

dwar06

Newly Enlightened
hey there! I play with my HID 75 watt lite each nite for 5-10 minutes and it needs to be charged in a week , is that normal run time, 30-40 minutes?

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is what I get. I don't get the stated run time as per eBay listing. I am not complaining as I think I am getting what I paid for it. I bought a spare battery pack for GBP 40 shipped. Even if I bought the cells individually and assembled them together I could not make this pack for this price. So the cells in there may not be the top quality cells that I would normally purchase.

dwar06

Newly Enlightened
i read elsewhere in the forum that others get 1 1\2 hours from a charge, i will have to check my battery's voltage when fully charged. can be any where from 10.1 to 12.3v i think... Is it the higher the voltage the longer the run time? Is the battery supposed to be 12 volts? and can I blow something if i put voltmeter on wrong terminals of battery pack?

BVH

Flashaholic
If the battery is a 3-cell Lithium Ion then it should charge to 12.6V. Unless they have capped it at the very old, outdated spec of 4.1V per cell for 12.3V. You won't "blow" anything as long as you don't short circuit the battery terminals.

dwar06

Newly Enlightened
BVH, Hey there! I cant short circuit it if all im touching the contacts with are probes from the meter correct? There are three probes and i guess touch the center pin to one of the outer pins and get reading, The Battery pack is sealed up, I dont know how many cells are inside, it is a typical HID flashlight battery pack,

Dan

TheRealDoodle

Newly Enlightened
I have this battery, You touch the two closest to each other, the far one isnt used for reading. I was contacted by the manufacturer today and they told me this is a 9x18650 cell battery but that cant be right...

TheRealDoodle

Newly Enlightened
i read elsewhere in the forum that others get 1 1\2 hours from a charge, i will have to check my battery's voltage when fully charged. can be any where from 10.1 to 12.3v i think... Is it the higher the voltage the longer the run time? Is the battery supposed to be 12 volts? and can I blow something if i put voltmeter on wrong terminals of battery pack?
if your battery is the 7800mah it should be an 11.1v operating voltage, 12.6 fully charged...i don't understand how you would get 10.1-12.3...Enlighten me please. Im getting 10.5 and I thought my battery was faulty

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just compared the 75w hid with the Polarion PH50. There is no comparison.

I realise the price differential but how come the 75w bulb is no where as bright as the 50w Polarion? The throw of the Polarion is ridiculous - I can understand it is down to the reflector. Overall I feel that the power of the EBay light is overstated in a simple comparison.

dwar06

Newly Enlightened
if your battery is the 7800mah it should be an 11.1v operating voltage, 12.6 fully charged...i don't understand how you would get 10.1-12.3...Enlighten me please. Im getting 10.5 and I thought my battery was faulty

I have read other posts , a variety of people pointing out their
Batterys were reading the different voltages that I mentioned.
I just checked my 7800 mah battery and it showed
10.3 volts. The battery is so weak it won't lite my torch more then
Low power. What Should the battery read when fully charged and what should the meter show when battery is weak? It will turn on low med then hi, then goes to low, right away.
I realize this is not the best battery you can get but it's only a "toy" for me to play with.
I need to learn about these things more to make good choices in the future.
Maybe a 9000 mah battery is worth the investment in my hobby if they have one and am guaranteed
That it will come in top shape. Where can I get a better a better battery if I can't get this one zapped into shape!

Thanks
Dan

BVH

Flashaholic
Low power. What Should the battery read when fully charged approx 12.6 Voltsand what should the meter show when battery is weak?approx 9-10 Volts. Have you measured the Voltage while the battery is charging? It will turn on low med then hi, then goes to low, right away.
I realize this is not the best battery you can get but it's only a "toy" for me to play with.
Maybe a 9000 mah battery is worth the investment in my hobby if they have one and am guaranteed
That it will come in top shape. If your 6800 mAh is truly 6,800 mAh, then it has plenty of capacity to run in 75 Watt mode for something between 35 and 45 minutes, give or take.Where can I get a better a better battery if I can't get this one zapped into shape!

Can you provide a non-functioning link to your light so I can see what it is?

Thanks
Dan

TheRealDoodle

Newly Enlightened
Low power. What Should the battery read when fully charged and what should the meter show when battery is weak? It will turn on low med then hi, then goes to low, right away.
That it will come in top shape. Where can I get a better a better battery if I can't get this one zapped into shape!

Thanks
Dan

Well, it looks like we both got screwed my friend. I didn't realize my battery was dangerous till i tested it with the DMM.
Was there anything on the sellers page that said there is a warranty on the battery?
Thankfully in my case, the seller listed a 6 month warranty, and I also saved his emails about it too...and he is giving me the run around so all I will have to do is open a dispute with ebay...

How long ago did you recieve this flashlight because i believe if it is still within 30 days, you can file a dispute that you did not recieve the correct item (or that it wasn't the item they advertised).
Find that listing and read it carefully for any info...
Clearly they are sending out crap batteries

dwar06

Newly Enlightened
Doodle, I don't feel screwed... Yet, how do you figure the battery is dangerous?
I did get 30-40 minutes out of a charge, only charged it once. Will charge it again tomorrow
And see how long battery lasts with a few uses, longer then 5 minute runs I did last use.

BVH- here is the link http://aliexpress.com/snapshot/1038...on it and checked voltage it said 10.7 volts.

Last edited:

Latest posts