A better pocket-EDC user interface?

mrg3013

Newly Enlightened
I would like a pocketable EDC - similar in size to something like a jets22 blackbird or Arc LS w/ twisty - but with a an easier to use interface. The "twist to turn on" would be similar, but instead of a threaded head which needs to be twisted numerous times to access multiple brightness levels supplied by a two stage compression switch in the tail, the light's head would click as it rotated - one or two clicks to the left would offer low and/or lower power, one or two clicks to the right would offer high and/or higher power. Maximum rotation necessary to achieve all brightness levels should be limited to somewhere between 45 and 90 degrees so that you don't have to reposition your figures to access all levels. All brightness levels would be accessable almost intantaneously. Additional clicks/rotation might be added to accomodate SOS or other features. Is such a mechanically-oriented interface possible in a small package at a reasonable price?

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LionHeart has a great UI from a pushbutton.

I think Andrew has mentioned a UI that he is working on that he has said will be unique.

As for the interface you describe, well the U2 has a twist to different levels interface, but that is about the closest. Could it be done, of course, with enough money. But nobody that I know of has that type of idea in developement.

cy

Flashaholic
custom larry modded CR2/Li14430 has an easy to use three stage switch.

simply twist to engage low level, twist aprox. 1/8 turn to engage medium, twist another 1/8 turn for one of the most perfect brite & white beams you will ever see.

That's it.. simple is good! But there is only one of these in existence.

cr2 14430.JPG

Latest posts