A look at AAA flashlights

HKJ

Flashaholic
Yeah ! Great work, very usefull !

Especially for me, as AAA-lover. :)

I just miss the Fenix E0. ;)

I'd be happy to supply pics & data, if you want to add those. :)

Even if you sent me the data, it would not be possible to make comparable beamshoots or take pictures together with the other lights. There is also the fact that the E0 has been out of production for some time.
I.e. I do not believe that it is a good idea to add to this roundup.

If I ever get my hands on a E0 or some other older AAA lights, I might add a oldies section.

DM51

Flashaholic
This is truly excellent work - a superb comparison review which will be of enormous value to people considering which AAA light might best suit them. Outstanding!

I'm moving it to the Reviews section.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Excellent review, great work HKJ. :twothumbs

I'm glad someone has taken up the challenge of providing such an authoritative review of the 1xAAA form factor. Personally, I've only had a limited interest in this size, since I always EDC a 1xCR123A or 1xAA light on my belt (and my 1xAAA Jet-µ or L0D have always fulfilled by limited keychain backup needs). But I'm glad to see someone giving this class of light the attention they deserve.

Nicely done.

herrgurka

Newly Enlightened
I humbly suggest that HkJ:s thread should be included in the "Threads of interest" in order to make the thread easier to find for anyone looking for comparative information on AAA-lights. Of selfbuilts round-up threads only one is included in the "Threads of interest" (the single cell 123 review), his AA, 2AA and Thrower reviews are equally stickyworthy :twothumbs.

/paul
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/133401

DM51

Flashaholic
Good idea, herrgurka - I've added it. I agree about selfbuilt's comparison reviews too - I'll put those in as well.

Ble

Newly Enlightened
The short answer: NO.
There are a couple of reasons for that: Time, space, cost.
From my current measurements you can estimate which light has the longest runtime and on low LF2X will win, with a rather large margin (#2 uses 7 times as much power).

Is LF2 the #2?

Can you estimate know how long would run on the lowest low a LF2? And the LF2X?

I have an SSC LF2 and I would like to know.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Is LF2 the #2?

Can you estimate know how long would run on the lowest low a LF2? And the LF2X?

I have an SSC LF2 and I would like to know.

I believed you was talking about the LF2X, but just forgot to add the X, but anyway I expect LF2 to be very close to LF2X and that would be about 80 hours on both NiMH and LiIon with minimum output.

Ty4752

Newly Enlightened
Great review, great pics, beautiful collection.
Thank you for the reviews.

KBOy

Newly Enlightened
nice light

I like Killer light , oh my god ! my money !:eek::eek:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
AAA lights, specifically the L0D, brought me to CPF and I'm really impressed at the quality of both the copy and pictures. Thanks for going through all the trouble for us! :grin2:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Excellent review, great work HKJ. :twothumbs

I'm glad someone has taken up the challenge of providing such an authoritative review of the 1xAAA form factor. Personally, I've only had a limited interest in this size, since I always EDC a 1xCR123A or 1xAA light on my belt (and my 1xAAA Jet-µ or L0D have always fulfilled by limited keychain backup needs). But I'm glad to see someone giving this class of light the attention they deserve.

Nicely done.
Hey, what greater compliment could a reviewer ask for!

Any chance of getting the Jet-µ added to this someday? It is for me the only multi-setting AAA to give the L0D/LD01 a run for it's money and I have to say that I actually prefer the low-med-high order as well as the even more compact, and beautifully executed body design.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hey, what greater compliment could a reviewer ask for!

I am happy about selfbuilds comment.

Any chance of getting the Jet-µ added to this someday? It is for me the only multi-setting AAA to give the L0D/LD01 a run for it's money and I have to say that I actually prefer the low-med-high order as well as the even more compact, and beautifully executed body design.

I do not believe that I can buy the Jet-µ anymore.

err.. just realized.. what happened to that cree xr-e? the dome looks dead.

I do not know, I have had this led lying around for some time and the first time I notice the dome, is when I take the picture. Just looking at the led it is not very obvious. But I will replace the picture when I get my hands on a better looking led.

Patriot

Flashaholic
What an impressive and helpful thread. Man, you've got some serious hours into this baby! Thanks for sharing your time and expertise with us.

I've always been a ArcAAA and LOD fan so I really enjoyed this.

Thanks for posting your review HKJ. :)