A more usefull strobe

pezdragon

Newly Enlightened
As much as I like my NovaTac 120E it would have been nice if they thought to set the strobe cycle to 1 per second making it a sort of stopwatch for short events. I don't wear a watch but do EDC my NovaTac and as it is it strobes at about 75/min....just a thought, Pez

Mdinana

Enlightened
Uh... wouldn't something much more useful be a stopwatch function on a cellphone?

Yapo

Enlightened
well i think slow strobes would be better then fast 1s because how many people actually use the "tactical dissorienting" strobe? and u cant use it for anything else other than "annoying" other people...If a light has a fast strobe...they might as well have a slower one as well for signalling/drawing attention without distracting them

Lightdude

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of Novatac strobe, does anyone know how long the runtime is on strobe alone. Just curious if you had to us it as an emergency beacon how long it would be usefull.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I keep my L2D-CE in my car as a backup light. At the frequency the stobe is, I find it quite equivalent to the stobed LEDs on ambulances! I see this strobe more as an emergency one than a disorienting one. Sticking this light on the side of the road to alert incoming drivers there is an accident could be a good use of it, instead of road flares.

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
Personally I keep my L2D-CE in my car as a backup light. At the frequency the stobe is, I find it quite equivalent to the stobed LEDs on ambulances! I see this strobe more as an emergency one than a disorienting one. Sticking this light on the side of the road to alert incoming drivers there is an accident could be a good use of it, instead of road flares.

What they need is a fast strobe with a 3 second strobe/off cycle.....that way if you had two, you could put them on either side of your car with alternating cycles and really look like an ambulance.:twothumbs