A tribute to present and past custom builders

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are two pictures of my just completed ronac lights. These lights provide quite a bang for a very reasonable buck. :thumbsup:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice Dave, the contrast between the Carbon Fibre and Copper is very striking and attractive! :thumbsup:
I agree Daniel. When I first heard that they weren't going to be all copper, I must admit that I was a bit disappointed. Having received them though, I have to say that I'm very happy, and it's nice to have a bit different styled copper light. :)

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my latest grail light that will probably be my last "expensive" light. It is everything that I want. This is a tribute to Cool Fall, mohanjude, and Jeff Hanko :)

Sorry for the crappy phone cameras, I couldn't really do much more for trit pictures (I will post a darker picture in the trit thread)

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my latest grail light that will probably be my last "expensive" light. It is everything that I want. This is a tribute to Cool Fall, mohanjude, and Jeff Hanko :)
Wow - that's very impressive! Can you provide some details about the head?

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok, as promised, here all all my Customs, from several of my favorite builders. All users, I love each one! (Pardon the photo quality, please. :sigh: )

Alpha RM, Haiku HI CRI with AA Pak, Ti Mule XP-G, McLux III-T, Lonely Clicky Pak needs a head, Sapphire Mule HI CRI, Tri EDC HI CRI with custom programming, Nautilus, Aeon Mk. II, Mako Flood, Ion

2c16.jpg

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, as promised, here all all my Customs, from several of my favorite builders. All users, I love each one! (Pardon the photo quality, please. :sigh: )

Alpha RM, Haiku HI CRI with AA Pak, Ti Mule XP-G, McLux III-T, Lonely Clicky Pak needs a head, Sapphire Mule HI CRI, Tri EDC HI CRI with custom programming, Nautilus, Aeon Mk. II, Mako Flood, Ion
That's a great looking collection. :) The Alpha light looks huge compared to the other lights! ;) That's an 18650 light, correct?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Thank you. :)

Yes the Alpha is 18650 powered and it is kinda big. I find it's ok when I have carpenter pants or something with a side pocket or a jacket but it isn't for front pocket carry, haha.

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave, beautiful collection and some great pics! Post #135, bottom right hand corner is the light I was asking about. You take individual shots of a lot of favorites, but so far none of this one. May I ask what light this is and if one might still be available? Is this in Ti or Al?

And I would be completely remiss to not include the light I envisioned and Photon Fanatic produced on that wonderful Swiss lathe of his! I sent Fred a 1" diameter bar, 5" long, of Grade 23 Surgical Titanium and this is what he sent back. :) I later had him put together the battery holder to carry a spare for this light. The Texas Poker (named by Fred) is running a 5000K Nichia 219 at ~750mA with 3 modes, mode memory, and over-discharge protection. It's got a beautiful beam and outstanding throw, especially considering it's diminutive size. I have a build thread on this light here somewhere, I'll look it up and post the link.

TP 12L by genie in a black box, on Flickr

DBC_April 29, 2013_171558 by genie in a black box, on Flickr

DBC_May 14, 2013_101628 by genie in a black box, on Flickr

DBC_May 12, 2013_161532 by genie in a black box, on Flickr

And surrounded by friends, 2 of my MBI HF lights in Cu and Ti

DBC_May 12, 2013_162121 by genie in a black box, on Flickr