AA MiniMag Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro

Enlightened
magcoul.gif

It's the color that comes after the silver one.

Velcro

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
My HP4400c scanner has enough depth-of-field that I can scan most stuff directly! Try scanning the Pink directly. Most of the pictures that I've posted have be taken with the scanner and not a camera.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Roy,

I don't have pic posting capability e.g., no access to a digital camera but I do have a scanner if that helps.

I might be able to take a regular photo and then scan it when the pictures come back. I've never done the 'scan to a web page' before so I'm a little unfamiliar with the process.

JohnG

Enlightened
Roy,

I stopped by the Sears Hardware store where I had seen the brownish colored MMs to pick one up for you, but found none!
Either they sold out because they are $2 off this week, or I mistook a Craftsman for a MM.
(They did have Craftsman in that color).

Sorry
frown.gif

Roy

New picture and list in the first posting! Thanks to "ratox" I now have a Bronze (Brown?)! Other than the pink, anyone know of any more factory colors? Ratox has a really nice one in a color scheme he calls "Spectrum"! Thanks everyone for your time and effort in helping me with this collection!
smile.gif

ramptapult

Newly Enlightened
Roy's fabulous collection has me on the hunt to finish my humble assortment, I'm after the following AA minimags-
-
Light Blue
Dark Blue
gold
-
Can anyone help?

Velcro

Enlightened
Roy, are you aware of Mag's Americana Limited Edition?
americanahome.jpg

Each light has an American icon; a native American, an American (bald) eagle and the Statue of Liberty. They come in a nice wooden display case too.
smile.gif
You can find more info here.

There is also a Nascar series.
aanascar_1.jpg

And to top things off, there's also another camo color.
grin.gif

Greetings,
Velcro

Roy

Back in December I sent a picture of my AA Minimag collection to Maglite with a query as to what colors I'm missing. Got the following responses back from Don at Maglite:

"Your collection looks pretty complete, re: the gold light I cannot tell if it is the 18K gold over brass or just the gold anodized light, in either case you are missing one or the other. Also, I don't think you have pink, at least I can't tell."

I received a second response from Don about the gold Minimag:

"The gold plate over brass was discontinued in the late 80's."

Sooooo......now I need the PINK and an 18K GOLD plated over brass Minimag!

Gandalf

Enlightened
I was thinking about my collection of AA Mini Mags, and I have two I don't see in your collection. Back in the late eighties or so I acquired a gold AA Mini Maglite. It's not the bright gold like you have; I have one of those. It's a darker color. Not as dark as the bronze color; I've seen one of those. It's just sort of a darker, duller, less brassy looking gold color. Around the same time, I also got a silver AA Mini Mag. It's like the gold one: a darker, duller silver than the current silver ones. I have no idea where I bought them; probably mail order, as they weren't very common back then. I have no idea if they are rare or not, but I find it curious that the management at Mag Instruments didn't know about them.

Good luck finding a 18K gold plated one; I have a feeling they don't come up for sale very often. But perhaps if you check eBay every week, with a structured search to screen out as many false hits, you might find one, sooner or later. I hate to think of what the price would be, though!

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
This continues to be an intersting post.

Roy, I've previously posted that I have one of the elusive pink MMs and you've asked me to post a pic.

I haven't forgotten about you but I don't have a digital camera but I do have access to a scanner. Do I simply scan the light? It seems sort of crude and irreverant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The pink light definately exists and I'm not making it up just for attention! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Roy

My Hp4400c scanner has enough depth-of-field to take a good picture of the minimag. Most of the pictures I post are taken this way. The picture will need to be resized to no more than 600 pixels wide. Give it a shot...I'd like to see the Pink! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Roy,
about the gold-plated one... Have you ever concidered electroplating it yourself? I have used an Au- based solution (not sure if they still carry it, but I got it from Conrad) to gold-plate some things, and it worked rather well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just hooked up the part on one, and the fluid on the other side of a powersupply, had patience and buffed afterwards... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Just make sure the polarity is correct, you don't want an electrode coated with gold... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like an interesting idea, have you ever electroplated a flashlight? I see a new trend coming: gold Arc's that can be worn as clothing accessories and provide backup light at the same time. "But honey, now it looks good (to normal people) and provides light" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You didn't mention camo. I have had a camo mini mag for a few years. Seems to have a very tough finish, not like HA II.

Status
Not open for further replies.