Acebeam K60 (XHP70, 4x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO +

daicatudius

Newly Enlightened
Hello again selfbuilt

Could you please tell me what the brightness level (in lumen) after this light stepped down from the highest level?
Sorry I am new and I can't read your charts properly :mecry:

Thank you!

yHkBUwm.gif

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
The answer is, "plenty of lumens." LOL I'm just kidding with you.
Seriously, the axis on the left is just relative numbers. What's important is that 200 is twice 100, etc. on the graph. So, the K60 starts out at 750 and drops down to about 660. By dividing 660 by 750 we get 88%. From the tables above the graphs, we see the peak lumen is 4950. So 88% of 4950 is 4356.
And 4356 lumens is "plenty of lumens". LOL

(660/750)*4950=4356

BTW, I was ready with the answer because I've been drooling over this light!

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Could you please tell me what the brightness level (in lumen) after this light stepped down from the highest level?
Sorry I am new and I can't read your charts properly :mecry:
Seriously, the axis on the left is just relative numbers. What's important is that 200 is twice 100, etc. on the graph. So, the K60 starts out at 750 and drops down to about 660. By dividing 660 by 750 we get 88%.
Yes, that's not exactly it. The relative scale of my graphs is not perfectly linear to lumen output (although it's not a bad approximation). You would have to follow the link in the review to where I discuss how to convert the relative scale to estimated lumens to get a more accurate number. If you do this, you will see the step-down level is pretty close to ~4200 lumens. :wave:

BrightLignt

Newly Enlightened
I'm happy to see another Acebeam review. I had been hoping for more Acebeam reviews for some time now... This one blows away the competing Lumintop.

Now if only they would send you a review unit of the X60M... :whistle:

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I wonder which one is better. The 5000lm Acebeam K60 or the 4000lm Fenix TK75 2015 edition :crazy: The K60 has higher output lumens (and higher price, too) but it can't keep that ouput level for so long, while the TK75 can hold maximum output (4000lm) for about 15-20 minutes (I guess) before step down to the lower level. Any advice, please?
The new TK75 has four XM-L2s in four reflectors. Each reflector is smaller than each of the three reflectors in the original TK75. If this means that that the new TK75 will have less throw than the original, despite the increased lumens, I will prefer to keep my original TK75.

I am very happy with my K60, and Selfbuilt's excellent review reassures me that I made a good choice.

Brightnorm

Last edited:

BrightLignt

Newly Enlightened
They are not sold with batteries unless the seller specifically bundles them. The batteries they sent selfbuilt are button-top LG HE2.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems like a while ago that I read this review but I've finally ordered the K60. It's my first major flashlight purchase in a few years and I intend to use Eagletac 3500mAh protected cells.
Is anyone else using the Eagletac 3500's with the Acebeam K60?
Are there any potential issues with fitting or current capability etc.?

ven

Flashaholic
It seems like a while ago that I read this review but I've finally ordered the K60. It's my first major flashlight purchase in a few years and I intend to use Eagletac 3500mAh protected cells.
Is anyone else using the Eagletac 3500's with the Acebeam K60?
Are there any potential issues with fitting or current capability etc.?

Not got protected 3500 only naked and obv fit, i did do a pic of a protected pany B fitting so i cant see an issue tbh.

You will lurve the light, fantastic!! and congrats:cool:

I tend to use samsung 30Q in most of my lights, i prefer the IMR/INR cells over the general type and certainly protected. The 3500 iirc are 10a anyway which is more than needed for this light. I am sure i have read around 7a.......... if that is at the LED then between the cells its not a huge ask.

When standard cells may struggle to sustain turbo mode over 3.8v with sag for long, higher drain will help there and plenty of warnings to top cells back up with loss if higher modes. Never ran it down, but iirc again it flashes when low(need to have a search on that bit as again off top of my head).

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I'll give it a go and see what happens. I've ordered the light from HK, so hard to say when it will arrive.

According to candlelamp's review, it blinks three times every 15 seconds when battery is low.

ven

Flashaholic
HKe if thats the shop are quite reliable, would guess at up to 10 days so not bad!!!

Yes, so plenty of warnings there, samsung 30Q are a good well priced cell if you decide on back ups at a later date. Little easier to fit due to being shorter as well!

Clinda

Newly Enlightened
Wanna buy one from Amazon, but it will take about 30 days to receive it.

DBrier

Enlightened
I ordered mine from Amazon and it didn't take the full month to get here. I got mine in less than 2 weeks.
Not bad for coming from China.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got my K60 today. Took 17 days from HK (HKequipment) to UK. I can confirm that the Eagletac 3500mAh protected cells fit and seem to work fine. This is a truly awesome light. These are my opinions on the light (nothing that hasn't been said already):

Pros
Obnoxiously bright
Decent throw
Good UI
Very reasonably priced for what you get

Cons
Wide battery tube uncomfortable to hold for long
Gets uncomfortably hot on Max output
Slight delay in switching on (having been off for more than a few sec)
Slight preflash going from 1lm to 50lm modes
I would rather not have standby and strobe modes at all

How the battery carrier and switch work (As far as I can tell)
This is not just a simple clicky switch that completes the circuit.
The battery carrier is reversible and both ends have common + and - contacts which are always live. At the head end of the light, only the +ve contact of the battery carrier makes contact with the head. The -ve contact does not.
The switch receives power through the + and - contacts at the other end of the flashlight. When the switch is clicked on, the -ve from the battery carrier is connected to the body of the battery tube, the battery tube makes contact with the head, and the light powers on.
The switch does not work at all when it is not receiving power. Therefore I conclude that the switch is in fact electronically controlled (despite being activated by a mechanical switch). It then follows that there must be a standby current, even when the switch is clicked off. (I have not measured this current).
To break the standby current, you would have to remove the battery carrier completely. Just locking out the light will not work.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks for info on the switch and glad you like it.

The drain is minimal as I have left cells in for up to 3 months and they have been around the 4.15v mark, so nothing to worry about there.

Yes 4500 lumens gets the light warm quick but same breath ,the heat is being dissipated as it should, out and to the body/neck and away from the led. No different than my tk75vnq70 on similar outputs, really for long runs about 2500lm levels are sustainable., higher if the ambient temps are not too high.

Not noticd pre-flash on mine....not that it would bother me being honest . I do get it on my p60vn, going from 100% to moon.....on the 3 mode setting.

Enjoy :D

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks ven. The pre-flash is pretty subtle to be honest. On my light, as soon as you turn the ring from 1lm to 50lm, it jumps up to let's say 200lm for 1/10s then back down to 50lm. Most people probably wouldn't even notice it unless it was pointed out to them.

... Must ... not ... get ... K70 ...

BTW: you can activate the light just by holding the battery carrier onto the head and tilting it so that the -ve terminal makes contact. (Be careful not to short it though!)

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks ven. The pre-flash is pretty subtle to be honest. On my light, as soon as you turn the ring from 1lm to 50lm, it jumps up to let's say 200lm for 1/10s then back down to 50lm. Most people probably wouldn't even notice it unless it was pointed out to them.

... Must ... not ... get ... K70

:whistle:

Already got some k60vn pics but it will be coming out again for some more this weekend if weather is ok. K70vn/K60vn/tn32UTvn plus more (won't be anything special mind !)