Actual LED lumens maintenance. Not 100,000 hours.

rob85635

Newly Enlightened
I'll bet the high price tag has a lot to do with a salesmans' commission. How about trying some of the ones available from various sources in a smaller area and hiring or using your own people to install them? Perhaps do a gradual switchover and over a couple years you will likely be installing more efficient ones and if the older ones degrade than upgrade those also.

Or hire CPF people to build them for you ongoing for a gradual switchover :D
As a newbie to LED technology myself I can only offer some basic thoughts. I really like the idea of researching other sources and maybe having it done internally if you have the staff/expertise. It is certainly a high dollar project and from what I have gleaned in my short time here is that LEDs are great but long term study results are just not reliable enough to judge that many hours into use.

I am learning so much here and on another electronics forum I belong to. One thing I am amazed by is the amount of members with minds packed full of amazing information. This website is a gift, I only wish I had needed it sooner. I have so much to learn.

Rob85635