AE Xenide 25W

JimT

Newly Enlightened
I just received my first HID, an AE Xenide 25W, from Pacific Tactical Supply, and this is my first post. I have been reading this forum for the past year, and have learned so much from the amazing amount of information that is available here. This is definately a different world of brightness and throw from the P7 and multi-K2 LED lights that I have been using. I can easily light up trees that my other lights cannot touch. One thing that impresses me is how better I can see colors in foliage. The tint is alot warmer than I expected. Another thing that surprised me was how much usable light is generated almost immediately. This light will be going with me to Thailand later this year for some nightime wildlife watching treks. Thankyou to everyone for this forum. JimT :thumbsup:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF and HID's. Congrats! You picked a very nice light and the best thrower that I know of in the 24/25W class. Take an extra battery or two with you to Thailand. :)

Richie086

Enlightened
Great purchase. You'll also find even left unused for months, it'll still work just great. Unlike some of the less expensive HID's out there that bleed battery power over time. Once AE Light gets with the program and upgrades the AEX-25 to 4300k-5000k, it'll be the ultimate 25w out there.

Parker VH

Enlightened
JimT, Take my advice, and forget you ever found this website. Your wallet will thank you. As you'll never be happy with just one HID. :thumbsup:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Once AE Light gets with the program and upgrades the AEX-25 to 4300k-5000k, it'll be the ultimate 25w out there.

Same thing goes for the Wolf-eyes and Microfire. Great lights but they would be so much nicer with warmer bulbs. I'm with you that I'd still give the quality edge to AE Light.

JimT

Newly Enlightened
Parker VH, It's too late. I'm already hooked. Life would be dull without an obsession or two. Richie086, thanks for the info. I'm really happy with this light. Patriot, yes, two extra batteries, will be my next purchase. BVH, HIDs are indeed a wonder. Cheers, JimT

AEHaas

Newly Enlightened
I just received my AELight 25EP and ordered an extra battery. I am new to high end lights and am thrilled with this one. I have already upgraded all my Maglites to various LED versions. I am waiting now for the next upgrade, the upcoming Polarion light.

aehaas