• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ahorton's sales (Lenses, headlamps ...)

jso902

Enlightened
when I check on Illumn's site, they have 2 items; however, I see 3 pieces that are needed. Did I mistaken what needs to be purchased?
I see the threaded piece and the lens but not the spacer for sale

ahorton

Enlightened
Most people don't need the extra spacer so the last few batches didn't include it to keep the price down. It's very easy to make such a part anyway if you do need it. The threaded spacer is the tricky one.

KBobAries

Enlightened
With all the advances in LEDs in the 5 years since this thread started is there a specific LED recommended from the current offerings? Nailbender has several drop-ins on his site but I have no idea which to choose.

Dan

KBobAries

Enlightened
Thanks for the confirmation. I have a quad mule from Vinh that is perfect as my nightstand/house light but I'm not sure about $90 for this. I bought a lens & spacer from Illumn to experiment a bit and other options are less expensive for what might turn out to be just a toy or something that I won't find useful after tinkering a bit.

Mostly I'm wondering if a particular LED is going to work best with the lens. XPE, XRE, XPL, XML, SST...

Thanks,

Dan

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A SINGLE Dedomed XPG2 direct driven off of single Li-Ion cell on copper PCB is what u want.
Should be like ~35$ or something form Vinh or Richard at mtnelectronics.com

KBobAries

Enlightened
psychbeat & KITROBASKIN,

Thanks for the input. After seeing the XPG2 suggestion I emailed one of the forum's vendors and he has (or can put one together.) Looking forward to experimenting with this.

Dan

Last edited:

ahorton

Enlightened
Sorry I got here rather late. Thanks for helping out Psychbeat and Kitrobaskin.

I also suggest a dedomed XP-G2 if you want drive it at 2.4A or more.
If you want less than 2.4A, then I still think a dedomed XP-E2 is the way to go.

I've messed about with the XPL-HI but I think it has fairly limited application with aspheres.
You might use it if you don't want to dedome an LED AND you want to run it at high current.
Or maybe if you want a clear square beam but don't need the maximum range.