***Aluminum E Series heads & tubes/tails***TnC EDC-Flex Interest/Sales Thread***

Ducaticorse

Newly Enlightened
Re: ***Aluminum E Series heads & tubes/tails***TnC EDC-Flex Interest/Sales Thread***

One question of clarification, the aluminum heads include an aluminum bezel, or is the bezel of another material?

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ***Aluminum E Series heads & tubes/tails***TnC EDC-Flex Interest/Sales Thread***

One question of clarification, the aluminum heads include an aluminum bezel, or is the bezel of another material?

The bezel would be aluminum to keep costs down. We will be building Ti heads/bezels so it would make sense we could also build extra 38mm Ti bezels if there is interest. Thanks

litetube

Enlightened

Ok I am confused here. Are any of these actually available now? I dont see anything but it states at the top some are now available but then lists interest. I would like to buy a complete head at some point ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok I am confused here. Are any of these actually available now? I dont see anything but it states at the top some are now available but then lists interest. I would like to buy a complete head at some point ....

I have available for immediate shipping 2x each 20mm v1 and v3 heads in bare aluminum. Some have been sent out for anodizing but the wait continues... We will also have aluminum (bare and anodized) 19mm, 27mm, and 38mm heads in very small quantities as well as tubes for these.

GLOCK18

Enlightened

Intersted in the following if you have one I'll take it Alu 38mm head with multi-led heatsink in bare Alul (DIY kit).

I have available for immediate shipping 2x each 20mm v1 and v3 heads in bare aluminum. Some have been sent out for anodizing but the wait continues... We will also have aluminum (bare and anodized) 19mm, 27mm, and 38mm heads in very small quantities as well as tubes for these.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

May I add, to my 38mm head/lens/reflector
a 18650 tube as well

Thanks

shriek

Newly Enlightened

Hi,

I'm interested in some Tubes.

Looking for:

17500, 18650 and AA/14500

All should be with the "two ear" finger grip, Ti Clip, no Lanyard Holes, wide Tail and HA Black (followed by OD, then NAT...)

Cheers, Jerome

mfrey

Enlightened

Bogus,

Will these heads accept Aleph XR can LEs? I'd like to build a 27mm head consisting of an McR-27XR reflector with a Mirage Man centering ring powered by a LE housed in an XR can. Is that possible? If not, what components are compatible for building a head?

Thanks,
Matt

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bogus,

Will these heads accept Aleph XR can LEs? I'd like to build a 27mm head consisting of an McR-27XR reflector with a Mirage Man centering ring powered by a LE housed in an XR can. Is that possible? If not, what components are compatible for building a head?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Yes this is possible. We will have those 27mm heads available. We also have our own XR cans that are self centering so when we have those available you wouldn't need a centering ring.

mfrey

Enlightened

Slate me for the following:

27mmL head (preferably in V3 profile rather than V1), Black HA, Crenelated Bezel (preferably Ti), McR-27XR reflector, Sapphire lens, silicon o-ring, and a couple of your bare XR cans.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:

Teego

Newly Enlightened

Posting interest for a 18650 EDC-Flex tube: Wide tail guard. Two tritium slots. No pocket clip. Two ear finger grip. No lanyard holes. HA3 order of preference would be Natural, Black, then OD. Mfrey and myself have similar ideas in what I need in a head. I'm thinking a EDC-Flex 27mm Long v1, sapphire lens, with a crenelated Bezel (again, preferably Ti). I'll figure out the guts once I get it. I have a parts bin full of miscellaneous stuff that needs to get used, so we'll see what fits where.

It's something I would do in Ti, but want to attempt it in Al first and go from there. I'm also entirely new to the TnC world, but the reputation for quality in the CPF community is wonderful, so I think I'll give it a go. :)

Edit: Probably a v1 20mm head as well. Same miscellaneous specs... Been reading about six hundred posts in this subforum this afternoon. Lots of candy I want...

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast

2009 Bump! Hope everyone over at TnC had a good holiday season.

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm finding these threads thoroughly confusing!! There are just so many pics of options and it appears that some are currently available and some are to see if interest is out there.

I would like to throw my name in the hat for a 18650 EDC-Flex tube...I just saw that the two-lobe finger grip isn't available :sigh: on the Ti versions and this is why I like the looks of it so much. Plus, I couldn't afford the 18650 version of the Ti tube anyway and would have had to buy a 123-size tube.

Pending the price of the Aluminum EDC 18650 EDC-Flex tube, here are the options I would like:
1. Wide tail guard
2. 1 trit slot milled opposite of the pocket clip (or maybe a couple in the wide tail guard)
3. Pocket clip
4. 'two ear' finger grip
5. 2 lanyard holes

Finish in order of preference: EN, bare aluminum, OD, NAT

Maybe I missed it, but do you have any rough estimate on what this will cost? I would be able to put a deposit down if needed...

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast

gsegelk... I'm confused as well, and new to this customizing... but very much want to build a custom 1-cell E-series light, but there are so many different terms and sizes and such I'm a bit confused about what fits what and not sure where to go to get a simple explanation of what fits what.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast

DHart - Ok you want a 1-cell e series light...So we know all surefire e series tails and heads will fit on it.

Next decide what size battery you want to be using in it. You will have to take into account the head you are putting on it (led based? incandescent? What sort of power draw/requirements does the head have?)

Sounds confusing but it really isn't. The only issue I could see happening is trying to run a incan bulb that requires more voltage than a single cell can provide. At that point, obviously you'd be looking at a 2 (or more) cell light.

So after the general cell size requirements are figured out, then comes all the little add-ons that, when taken one by one, make for a bunch of easy yes or no questions. Answers will vary based on your desired method of carrying (clipped to your pocket/ riding down in a pocket) preference for any "ears" for extra grip retention/to make holding it easier when clicking the tail on...Then there are plenty of threads on the virtues and uses of tritium, where vials can be obtained, and how they'd be installed.

Hopefully that will maybe help smooth out some of the choices you'd need to make? Looks like you've been lurking here a bit, so I apologise if I just blabbed a bunch of overly obvious things to you! In the end it will be pretty cool getting a body built with the options you want.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stillphoto... thanks for the helpful reply. I am hopelessly addicted to flashlights now....

I know I want an LED head which can be easily driven by a single cell. With this custom E1, I'd like to achieve something of a "floody thrower" with as few rings/artifacts as possible. The cell choice will be an RCR123, primary as back up.

I have an E1 body coming from Fivemega, but don't know what to do about a head/lamp assembly. I know there are conversions from E2C, KL4 heads, KL4 heads converted to hotter LED's, then there are Alephs (no clue what all their variants are nor which of them are compatible with the E1 battery tube, but I get the impression that Alephs can be great with E's).

I've been scrambling around reading dozens and dozens of posts all over this forum trying to gather enough scattered info to allow me to ultimately "connect the dots", but it gets confusing to a neophyte very quickly. Is there a FAQ somewhere that describes all the compatibilities related to the E-series? This is an amazing forum of incredible members... thanks to all!

Last edited:

warx23

Enlightened

Ive been lurking and reading this thread for a while and Im somewhat confused. Can I order a 27mm long with mcr27 and lens? And the final cost would be ?? These are great looking heads and top quality design. Im looking to top off a McClicky with a p7 LE I recently purchased. Any help would on ordering or how to go about this would be helpful. Thanks

DrunkenDonut

Newly Enlightened

It's been awhile since I've seen these threads. Actually, I've been away from CPF/MP in general, but I've started picking up a few more items, so I thought I'd follow up on TnC as well.

I have to echo the "confusion" aspect of this thread and the titanium thread. It's gotten to be a lot of info regarding what the options are/were, and what's available for actual sale in Al/Ti. It's also a clutter of head, bodies, tails, etc.

If you don't mind a bit of late criticism, I think there needs to be a fresh thread (or a big effort to clean up the existing threads) to pick up the pieces of the EDC-Flex Series. A single thread for combining the Titanium and Aluminum showing only the options that are available for sale either in-stock or very soon. Eliminate all the extra fluff in the sales thread. Combining info for heads, bodies, etc. is okay as long as one basic principle is followed - Simplify.

The interest threads are fine for showing all the options for discussion and voting, but the sales threads are quite complex with all the options. The interest threads would have to be super organised if All the info for All the options for All the parts were in a single thread - For this reason I think interest threads should hold one item only - heads only, bodies/tails only, etc. For a sales thread, if I can't figure out what the options are and what's available in about 15 seconds, then it's too complex.

While custom lights are great, and customizing custom lights is a lot of fun, sometimes simplicity is king. Fewer options make things easier to choose, discuss, build, etc.

Having said all that... :party:
Next post...

DrunkenDonut

Newly Enlightened

Back to the actual matter at hand --- TnC parts. I've personally lagged behind in making up a driver for the Aluminum head I bought. Oops. Looks like life gets in the way of life sometimes.

It looks like several things have happened since I bought the head. Body tubes were made available, the larger heads were almost made available, and clones started popping up. I personally haven't seen the clones yet but I've sort of been away from all light related things for awhile too.

1 - Heads - What options for larger heads are available / soon to be available? While I originally wanted a 38mm Aluminum, I'm finding Ti a bit more irresistible nowadays. Ti tends to be more expensive though, which means planning out purchases with a longer time frame. I was planning to try a nice multi-LED head, but since I haven't done the driver work for a single LED, that's on the back burner now too.

2 - Bodies - I hadn't planned on purchasing a tube (I have some spare e-series and c-series compat laying about) but the C-Flex series caught my attention with the availability of AW's C-sized cells. Looks like I'm outta luck on that one until his IMR26500 comes out though. I have many pocketable lights but nothing to replace my 3C M@glite yet. I'm holding off on this, as I seem to have a collection of many many parts, but nothing I can put together to make a complete light! :crackup:

3 - Light Engines - Have you decided whether or not to offer a light engine for this series? It looks like the K2 TFFC LEDs are starting to be available again, and it was a favourite before the recall, so that might be a compelling option. I still need a light engine, and buying pre-built may satisfy me for the time being. Looks like CPFMP is back from maintenance so I might pick up a few LEDs right now too...

4 - Clones - IMO cheap clones shouldn't deter most buyers of Ti parts, as they know they're getting some of the best stuff available. Clones are fine for throwing things around, hacking apart, and general experimenting, but they generally don't last, and people know they're not getting the best quality. :candle:

Okay, that's enough for now, until I get my own stuff sorted out and ready to show off. :D :crazy: