Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

OneBigDay

Enlightened
I only made a few of the D36 Heads / Adapters. I wasn't sure if they were going to be a hit or not and one person just ordered the D36 head with their light. I have 7075 material for the D36 heads if there is interest in them. I ordered material to make about 20 of them but I only made a few on this last run.

I would definitely be interested in a D36 head in black but did not see this option when I ordered the host. I'm in for one if you make more.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. I will probably make more. It was really a one-off but I made a few just incase there were problems while running. I have the material so I will make some more. HA-Black and HA-Natural.

Chris

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wife goes oh yeah btw there's a box for you over there on the shelf i think its some torch bits it came the other day......Hmmm anyway got the light.
This is some of the best machine work I have seen, you truly are a talented man Chris thank you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: maybe you should do this for a living :). Also I am happy with the color too thanks.
The D36 head is a great thrower for its size and I'm glad I got one, also the 7075 is stronger and disapates heat better than normal aircraft Alu - almost the perfect light, now if it could just recharge it's self while sitting on the shelf.....maybe with a pin head size piece of uranium a small reactor :party:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am glad you received the light. I was getting worried since it seems there are some people that have not received their lights.

I have thought about doing this for a living.. Oh wait... I am doing this for a living. I have been doing this for ... Years. Pretty much since I was 16. Almost 40 now. :) I don't make lights for a living but I do this kind of work for a living. I used to make High End paintball guns complete and also made some Harley Motorcycle parts like Grips, shift levers and rods. I just fabbed up some custom dual exhaust for my Wifes Harley Deluxe..

If I started making lights by the 100's then the price would come down for sure but not sure how long I would have stock on hand. Anyways.. Glad you like the light and the ano.

Have a great weekend.

Wife goes oh yeah btw there's a box for you over there on the shelf i think its some torch bits it came the other day......Hmmm anyway got the light.
This is some of the best machine work I have seen, you truly are a talented man Chris thank you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: maybe you should do this for a living :). Also I am happy with the color too thanks.
The D36 head is a great thrower for its size and I'm glad I got one, also the 7075 is stronger and disapates heat better than normal aircraft Alu - almost the perfect light, now if it could just recharge it's self while sitting on the shelf.....maybe with a pin head size piece of uranium a small reactor :party:

Last edited:

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
Most all of mine drop inns fit fine only the oveready has a gap.
Kerberos quad fits fine no gap "optic" (which is now in there)
Nailbender's fit fine "reflector" no gap
vinhnguyen54 fit fine "reflector" no gap
Oveready Triple has a gap not a good fit at all.
VanIsle quads not sure have not got one yet.

cheers
shows where my luck is at right now, i have all those u have mentioned and none fit, am using the oveready as i want the 2 cell configuration, i also have an ultrafire drop in, but it does fit, but only good for single cell...surprized by NB's not fitting though, perhaps when he built mine i asked him to get it to fit a wolf eyes...cant recall...

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
If the dropin doesn't screw all the way down you can try to remove the large spring or shorten it. I have my springs here shortened to only one coil.

Hope that helps,

Chris
seems the dropins are too long Chris, the head tightens down well enough, but that leaves a 1.5mm gap at the adapter...might just fill the gap with a GITD O ring:)

Last edited:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I have captured the finish better in this shot.
This is what it looks like now with the WD40 rub down.

0000TnC.jpg

Ok I have raved on how much I like this finish enough already so I will only say two words

"Love it"

cheers

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I have captured the finish better in this shot.
This is what it looks like now with the WD40 rub down.

0000TnC.jpg

Ok I have raved on how much I like this finish enough already so I will only say two words

"Love it"

cheers

Just picked up mine at the office today - LOVE it as well, great finish. Although I'm going to wait until the trits are in before I mess with the finish.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine looks exactly the same as rats but from just using it as a tool (the natral oil on your hands) W glenn40.

I think that the "glenn40" way does looks better it gives it the mean worn look not so uniform . I had that look before rubbing it down with WD40 .
I have stated it again after a clean with alcohol. But it will take me a little longer than glenn7 because we wash up north lol.

Hey BadBoy is that a raw beadblast finish ?
I see what you mean with the gap.

cheers

Last edited:

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
I think that the "glenn40" way does looks better it gives it the mean worn look not so uniform . I had that look before rubbing it down with WD40 .
I have stated it again after a clean with alcohol. But it will take me a little longer than glenn7 because we wash up north lol.

Hey BadBoy is that a raw beadblast finish ?
I see what you mean with the gap.

cheers
yep sure is the raw bead blast, yep the gap is pretty prominent, but i can live with it...

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
I think you could reduce the gap by using a thinner lens and or thinner o-ring.
hmm, not sure as there is a lip in the head and the oring and the lens sit on it, mind u i may be able to dremmell that lip down, will look into it...

update: lip is gone light tightens down perfect, no issues:thumbsup:

Last edited:

texas cop

Enlightened
When do you expect the next batch of light housings? I'm checking daily to get a new light "FIX" withdraw has been bad lately.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
texas cop,

I have a couple bead blasted Raw aluminum ones available right now. It will probably be a couple weeks before I have another small batch of anodized ones available.

texas cop

Enlightened
Thanks for the prompt response. The one I'm waiting for is the V3 with the black hard anodized finish, they look great.