Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. 1.55x5mm Trits slots should be ok. That is the size I ordered before from B@rt Now it is starting to look like my personal light. :)

This light is starting to take on all the characteristics of a perfect host for high output/high amperage drop-in's. :devil:

I'm excited.

:D

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi
Any reason why I was not added to the list ?
If it's because I live in Australia I can supply a US address.
I like the look of the light as it is very strong with a mean look to it.

cheers

EDIT: I now like the trits slots in the head.

Last edited:

OneBigDay

Enlightened
I would be very interested in this depending on price. I looked at the Titanium version of this many times but cannot justify that cost for another flashlight that I don't need. This aluminum version I would probably go for. I like version 2 personally.

My wish list is
1) tailstanding
2) Lanyard attachment point that doesn't prevent tailstanding.

For a light of this size no lanyard attachment point would be the only deal breaker for me but it looks like you are offering this on the Ti and 1x18650 version so I think you have this covered.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi
Any reason why I was not added to the list ?
If it's because I live in Australia I can supply a US address.
I like the look of the light as it is very strong with a mean look to it.

No girly Trits for me thanks :naughty:

cheers

Sorry Rat, No shipping outside of California. These are only going to be made for Pick-up only. :mecry:

I am just kidding. I will add you to the list and these can get shipped worldwide. :)

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be very interested in this depending on price. I looked at the Titanium version of this many times but cannot justify that cost for another flashlight that I don't need. This aluminum version I would probably go for. I like version 2 personally.

My wish list is
1) tailstanding
2) Lanyard attachment point that doesn't prevent tailstanding.

For a light of this size no lanyard attachment point would be the only deal breaker for me but it looks like you are offering this on the Ti and 1x18650 version so I think you have this covered.

What I can do on the lanyard attachment is put two holes in the tail cap so the lanyard can go in one hole and out the other so it won't prevent tail standing.

Chris

OneBigDay

Enlightened
What I can do on the lanyard attachment is put two holes in the tail cap so the lanyard can go in one hole and out the other so it won't prevent tail standing.

Chris

Perfect, I love it.

One question on the colors - you have black and natural listed as potential options. Is "natural" meaning natural like a zebralight or download pocket rocket (basically a light tan/green color), or does this mean something else? Is there a picture or other thread that would have an example of the natural color?

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect, I love it.

One question on the colors - you have black and natural listed as potential options. Is "natural" meaning natural like a zebralight or download pocket rocket (basically a light tan/green color), or does this mean something else? Is there a picture or other thread that would have an example of the natural color?

Natural is meaning there is no Die added when Anodizing. Aluminum Darkens when Type III hard anodizing. So the color could very, but usually it is a type of Dark Gray. There are some E2C adapters on my site that are HA-Natural. That should give you some sort of an idea what they will look like.

Chris

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
We can discuss the cost of your Titanium version when these are getting produced. I might as well make your Ti version the same time I make these.

Chris

:thumbsup: Cool, I'm looking forward to it. Shoot me a price and I'll get PayPal on the way.

Nokoff

Enlightened
I like the look of #3 now that it's up, with the slimmer body. what is different about 1 & 2, just the tail?

I still feel confused, just me I guess, is both the head and tail removeable, so other p60 heads will fit?

on the trit issue I think a workhorse host is much more needed in this format right now, though I never hate on a good tna (trit and aluminum) layout!

now what's the price, you must have an idea, get a few of these out to members for photo shoots and thst ;ist will grow I'm sure

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am still a fan of version 2 where the head is not as pronounced from the tube size (head size closer to the size of the tube) it's not as typical as other lights that way. Giving it that unique look.

cheers

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the look of #3 now that it's up, with the slimmer body. what is different about 1 & 2, just the tail?

I still feel confused, just me I guess, is both the head and tail removeable, so other p60 heads will fit?

on the trit issue I think a workhorse host is much more needed in this format right now, though I never hate on a good tna (trit and aluminum) layout!

now what's the price, you must have an idea, get a few of these out to members for photo shoots and thst ;ist will grow I'm sure

The difference between 1 & 2 is just the tail section.

Just the tail will be removable. The front head section is incorporated into the body.

I really don't have a price yet because the design isn't finalized yet. It might be better if I just make a couple protos showing the two different versions. Version 1 & 2 , with the thicker body, were designed with a removable head. So later down the line I could make a new head adapter that will work with a D36 Drop-in. Or even a new head that doesn't use a drop-in at all.

I really just started this thread to guage interest in the 26650 size. It seems there is more than enough people that would like this size light. So probably the next step will be to make a couple protos. One version 2 and one version 3. This will give everyone a better perspective of what the actual light will look like.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Chris, thanks for the explanation on HA Natural. I would take either black or natural but given the choice I would go for natural.

About the versions renderings - I like either 2 or 3. I'd probably say 3 is the best looking and looks like it might offer some weight savings as well (?), but something that looks more like a tube (#2) looks great to me and if it enables me to use different heads I would definitely go for #2.

If this body could take both 26mm and 36mm (D36) heads, that would be an additional selling point for me and I would be interested in both heads. If I had to choose D26/D36 I would go for D26 just because there are a lot more drop-ins readily available - but D36 is a great format and pairs perfectly with the 26650 cell size.

Having said that if your design intent is to incorporate the head into the body itself, that also works for me and I would guess will help keep the price down. The FM 1x26650 D36 hosts are designed this way and they work great - there is a wide bezel ring and lens that pops off the front to put the dropin in from the front, but the head itself is part of the body.

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most likely the light will go together like Version 3. The head and body together. I beleive there is an adapter C-M that can be used to convert it to a 36mm head. Just an adapter would be less expensive than a completely new head.