Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
If a VID Septa head and FETtie could be placed on your host then I would like to place my name on the list of interested. I like the look of the larger head and hope that the larger volume of aluminum would aid in heat sinking.

The head is the same size. In Version 3 I made the battery tube a little smaller in Diameter.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should work just fine with the Septa. The front of the body is compatible with a C series.

Quick rendering of the body!

26650_body.png

Attachments

• 26650 body.jpg
    26650 body.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 48

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the looks of version 3 the best but maybe slim the flared tail end down a little or make it like the rendering in post 45.

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the looks of version 3 the best but maybe slim the flared tail end down a little or make it like the rendering in post 45.

The rendering in post 45 doesn't have the tail cap on. It shows just the body without the head and tail cap. But I was thinking that the flared section could be a little smaller in diameter also.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

I posted another rendering in the first post showing the flared section slimmed down a little.

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Chris,
3-2 looks real good.
If you decide to mill trit slots, will they go on the head or the tail?
Not sure what I would prefer, maybe tail.

:)

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Chris,
3-2 looks real good.
If you decide to mill trit slots, will they go on the head or the tail?
Not sure what I would prefer, maybe tail.

:)

If I do the trit slots I was asked to put them in the head. So most likely they will be in the head.

Chris

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I do the trit slots I was asked to put them in the head. So most likely they will be in the head.

Chris

That sounds good. I thought the tail would be better if another head would be used with this body. I'm good with no trits, trits in tail or trits in head. I'm easy. Can't wait to see proto.
Frank

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put me on your list please Chris - I like 2-3/7075 Alu/Natural Ha with trits installed :wave: (happy to go with Drywolf's trit plan)

Have you ever done any TiCN coatings? it looks beautiful and is harder than HaIII.

If its anything like the Ti 18650 it will be a piece art - I have had the Ti for nearly a week its BRILLIANT thanks Chris you should take this up for a job :D

PS: is there even a ball park figure of cost? if its anywhere near the 18650 Ti price I will have to skip it.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should be less than half the price of the Ti version. Once we finally get to the final design then I can actually get a better estimate of the cost.

I was just playing around with the head a little for better heat dissapation for the High current drop-ins. I enlarged it a little and added more fins. Here is just a quick rendering. Not sure if I am going to add this to the maybe list. :)

26650_Light_Rendering_V5.png

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right. It does look similar to the Cyros cooling Bezel. Mine I believe has more fins and I only put grooves in. It looks like the Cyros head has flats on the head and some slots in the front. My rendering doesn't show my crenulated Bezel which blends smoothly into the head.

I guess I won't be doing this style head since it does look similar to Cyros's cooling head/bezel.