Amazing Green Laser Review! Awesome Beam! Cheap!

black_ice_pc

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad you're enjoying your bg laser. I bought from them once and never will again. I too bought a 50mW, although a different model. It ended up about the same brightness as the random 5mWs you see on dx etc, so I was approved for a return, at my expense. Oh well, better to pay shipping than to have a weak $35 laser. So I sent it back, waited about 2 weeks and emailed them, asking if they'd received. No response. I emailed about 5 times and never got a response. So I ended up about $40 down the hole with nothing. Just my experience with them, I know they have plenty of other happy customers. I'll never buy there again though most likely.

Mo13

Newly Enlightened
That's unfortunate to hear. My communication with them was excellent, usually getting a response in 24 hrs. I'm glad you shared, though. It only takes one bad transaction to ruin a reputation.

Pie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the great review:). Most of my lasers are under 1mW cause of Australia rules and i'm quite jealous of such a strong laser.

Mo13

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the great review:). Most of my lasers are under 1mW cause of Australia rules and i'm quite jealous of such a strong laser.

I'm not sure how strict your customs are, but I live in the U.S. with the same laws, and these lasers are easy to ship into the country. BudgetGadgets marks the envelope as a $10 Flashlight, and that's enough to pass it through.

Pie

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure how strict your customs are, but I live in the U.S. with the same laws, and these lasers are easy to ship into the country. BudgetGadgets marks the envelope as a $10 Flashlight, and that's enough to pass it through.
Aus Customs are quite strict. Once, i ordered a '1mw' marked legal green laser off ebay from Hong Kong. Customs tested it to be around 20mw and confiscated it with a warning letter. The laser was even marked as 1mw.

moderator007

Enlightened
Can you buy a more powerful laser module and install it yourself.
Will the module get threw customs or do they restrict that too?

moderator007

Enlightened
Here's one thats a pen style if you can get your hands on a pen style host. Most have been measured at over 100mw to 140mw. I have seen one review of one at 80mw. But still a good deal.
I have one ordered so I will let you now how it does if you would like.
When it ever gets here.

Last edited:

Mo13

Newly Enlightened
Here's one thats a pen style if you can get your hands on a pen style host. Most have been measured at over 100mw to 140mw. I have seen one review of one at 80mw. But still a good deal.
I have one ordered so I will let you now how it does if you would like.
When it ever gets here.

Thanks for that link! I've been looking for a beginner build and that looks very doable to me. I even have a spare pen host. Once I get money, that diode is definitely on my list!