Amazing Green Laser Review! Awesome Beam! Cheap!

I'm glad you're enjoying your bg laser. I bought from them once and never will again. I too bought a 50mW, although a different model. It ended up about the same brightness as the random 5mWs you see on dx etc, so I was approved for a return, at my expense. Oh well, better to pay shipping than to have a weak $35 laser. So I sent it back, waited about 2 weeks and emailed them, asking if they'd received. No response. I emailed about 5 times and never got a response. So I ended up about $40 down the hole with nothing. Just my experience with them, I know they have plenty of other happy customers. I'll never buy there again though most likely.

That's unfortunate to hear. My communication with them was excellent, usually getting a response in 24 hrs. I'm glad you shared, though. It only takes one bad transaction to ruin a reputation.

Thanks for the great review:). Most of my lasers are under 1mW cause of Australia rules and i'm quite jealous of such a strong laser.

Thanks for the great review:). Most of my lasers are under 1mW cause of Australia rules and i'm quite jealous of such a strong laser.

I'm not sure how strict your customs are, but I live in the U.S. with the same laws, and these lasers are easy to ship into the country. BudgetGadgets marks the envelope as a $10 Flashlight, and that's enough to pass it through.

I'm not sure how strict your customs are, but I live in the U.S. with the same laws, and these lasers are easy to ship into the country. BudgetGadgets marks the envelope as a $10 Flashlight, and that's enough to pass it through.
Aus Customs are quite strict. Once, i ordered a '1mw' marked legal green laser off ebay from Hong Kong. Customs tested it to be around 20mw and confiscated it with a warning letter. The laser was even marked as 1mw.

Can you buy a more powerful laser module and install it yourself.
Will the module get threw customs or do they restrict that too?

Here's one thats a pen style if you can get your hands on a pen style host. Most have been measured at over 100mw to 140mw. I have seen one review of one at 80mw. But still a good deal.
I have one ordered so I will let you now how it does if you would like.
When it ever gets here.

Last edited:
Here's one thats a pen style if you can get your hands on a pen style host. Most have been measured at over 100mw to 140mw. I have seen one review of one at 80mw. But still a good deal.
I have one ordered so I will let you now how it does if you would like.
When it ever gets here.

Thanks for that link! I've been looking for a beginner build and that looks very doable to me. I even have a spare pen host. Once I get money, that diode is definitely on my list!