American (USA) made flashlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
AELight manufactures their lights in the USA. Here's an email I received from Marc Allsman:

We source components from a variety of vendors in various countries, depending on the light model. Final assembly is usually done in Grants Pass Oregon. All are warranted from Grants Pass.

Best Regards,
Marc Allsman
AE Light
Allsman Enterprises, LL

From what I understand with their models, the bulb is made in China (EPL), the ballast in Germany (Auerswald Systems), and I believe the batteries are made in the USA.

Last edited:

seattlite

Enlightened
Bump. A couple of threads got me thinking about flashlight quality and where each brand of flashlight is made. I googled and found this old thread. Thought other folks might also find it useful.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Photon Freedom light is legitimately "Made in the USA" . That is how it is marked. Somebody else might question its Nicha LED. Depending on who you ask "All or virtually all" could be 99.99%, 95%, or less. How those percentages are measured could also be debated.

Last edited:

american lockpicker

Enlightened
I think the Photon Freedom light is legitimately "Made in the USA" . That is how it is marked. Somebody else might question its Nicha LED. Depending on who you ask "All or virtually all" could be 99.99%, 95%, or less. How those percentages are measured could also be debated.

I think the package they come in say Made in USA from foreign and domestic components or something to that effect.

fresnorich

Newly Enlightened
It's been too long.

Added:

Terralux
Eveready
Elektrolumens
Lumaray
Greenlee
Adva-Lite
Duracell
Big Beam
AELight
Photon Freedom Micros

Will try to update links later.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
So basically, we can agree that no flashlight out there is 100% Made in the USA?
don't Lumileds and Cree both have manufacturing facilities in Malaysia due to the low average wage there?

Semiconductor production now a days is heavily automated and the need for high skilled labor is minimal beyond a few industrial and mechanical engineers to monitor the quality control, so they can pretty much be made anywhere as long as the company can find people with a high school education, and ability to be consistent, thus the game is a race to the bottom for the labor cost. In that respect I don't see how industrialized countries can compete in such a game. So you are right, it would be hard to find a completely USA made light due to this reason.

Last edited:

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
With the addition of the MD2 to the list of Great lights, lets not forget the Man himself,

Gene Malkoff

He and his wife Cathy represent what this country is all about. Great people that make a great product. They stand behind their products 100%. If you have a problem they will make it right. Period. They have the best Customer Service there is. What more could you want than a man who stands behind his word. Buy any Malkoff product and you will not be disappointed. Just my 2 cents.

Happy Dark Trails (with a Malkoff product in your hand)

american lockpicker

Enlightened
Seen something interesting today it was a flashlight made(of imported and domestic parts)in Akron, Ohio. It was an LED flashlight. I think the company that made it was called led corp or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.