AmiLite T5 and TerraLUX K2 reviews - Flashlightreviews.com

Gannz

Newly Enlightened
SEMIJim said:
For God's sake, Gannz, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Plus, inflammatory comments like "I'm sorry I didn't suck up to you like everyone else." certainly won't improve the level of discourse. Do yourself and the rest of us a favour and please give it a rest? Thank you.

I'm sorry. I find it just as offensive for someone to coment to me that "I'm glad everyone else enjoyed it". Like I have no reason to defend myself to begin with. I feel like I was treated rudely and I will defend myself. I'm not cursing or calling names. I've made a valid argument to defend my position.

robm

Enlightened
But, please don't tell me that your flashlight, in a box in your closet, doesn't consistently clank or rattle or misfire when you "use" it.

Have you considered that maybe your light is different to the one reviewed?

Gannz

Newly Enlightened
robm said:
Have you considered that maybe your light is different to the one reviewed?

Yes, I have. Thank you. I know it's a lot to read but this is in there...

"And, if you deny that this thing clanks easily then I must have a bad flashlight because mine clanks with the slightest tap/bump."

DM51

Flashaholic
Personally, I preferred reading Quickbeam's concise, well-researched and elegantly-written review to Gannz's absurd 1400-word rant.

Gannz

Newly Enlightened
DM51 said:
Personally, I preferred reading Quickbeam's concise, well-researched and elegantly-written review to Gannz's absurd 1400-word rant.

I agree and I do get your point. I'm aware enough to realize that I'm sensitive and I have a real problem with being pushed around, no matter how lightly. But, I did stay completly on topic which this is not. It's just another rude comment that puts down the little guy and stands up for the "untouchables" while maintaining the click that you want to be a part of.

Last edited:

pilou

Enlightened
Just a simple fix for rattling batteries: put some scotch tape around it until it fits snuggly into the body! That's what I did with my Fenix L2P. I think more and more manufacturers are making the body tubes slightly wider to accomodate rechargeables, so primaries my rattle a little. Just put some tape, or paper towel, or plain old paper around them, and there will be no rattle, no noise.

Gannz

Newly Enlightened
pilou said:
Just a simple fix for rattling batteries: put some scotch tape around it until it fits snuggly into the body! That's what I did with my Fenix L2P. I think more and more manufacturers are making the body tubes slightly wider to accomodate rechargeables, so primaries my rattle a little. Just put some tape, or paper towel, or plain old paper around them, and there will be no rattle, no noise.

Thanks. That's a good idea. I'll give it a try. <edit: This is a joke. I was being sarcastic but trying not to make is SOO obvious. Sorry pilou.>

Last edited:

pilou

Enlightened
Just a note: don't make the fit so snug that you can't easily pull the battery back out :lolsign:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point pilou. As you know, not long ago many flashlight manufacturers made the battery tubes just barely big enough for the 123s. To get a rechargeable in or out you had to push it with a pencil, or even cut some of the wrapper off. A battery tube that will fit both 123s and rechargeable is a bonus not a flaw. As others have mentioned, the few who are bothered by this can wrap a little tape around the 123s.

At the risk of being accused of sucking up, I'll just say this. The reason newbie is just a word for newcomer and FNG is an insult is that a newbie is just new (like everybody at some point) while a FNG is new and thinks he knows everything and has nothing to learn from the more experienced people.

pilou said:

pilou

Enlightened
A post in the LED forum didn't get much response, perhaps because of a lousy title I just changed.

Which version of the T5 are you folks ordering? the 15 or 30 lumens one? If you have one already, which lights your T5 low level compares to?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
:lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

I've never seen someone get so agitated over, and read so much into, one (now removed) sentence in a review! I'm surprised my mother and my upbringing wasn't mentioned during that tirade! ROTFLMAO!

'82 Civic? I was thinking '83 actually... :D :stupid:

Last edited:

Gannz

Newly Enlightened
Test... having problems posting... think quickbeam put the voodoo on me. :)

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
pilou said:

Did the same thing here. Was slightly annoyed about the rattle the first time I played around with it. But soon forgot it, until someone here mentioned that I could just tape the cells. I hadnt even thought about that simply solution before :ohgeez:. Simple and elegant solution for a minor annoyance(that can REALLY be annoying if you cant stop thinking about it).

All in all, a prefer a wider tube now, it's much worse if the tube is to snug so youre batteries wont fit! :whistle:

T4R06

Enlightened
i just got my T5 today, at first impression just the same common single flashlight. i just think twice if im gonna sell it.. but now.. totally in darkness, oh man! this little light is rockin! it is a wall of light. probably the replacement of L4.

mine running on AW's high current took 25mins then protection kick-in
but with ultrafire 3.6V 880mAH took 50mins the light went dim.

i've got 15/140 lms

im really happy with this light

good job amilite!

NAW

Enlightened
I read in the review it said there are 2 tailcaps, one for the 15 lumens & the other for 30 lumens.

I wonder why the amilite site not sell the 2 tailcaps as accessories?