an ideal dog walking light

arty

Enlightened
I like an L1 surefire. The low beam is useful for checking out what the pooch is doing in the shadows - without waking up the neighborhood. The high should be OK when crossing the street. It has a pushbutton/twistie. A slight push turns on low, and a stronger push gets it to high.

I don't think that you should have to blind the drivers to get their attention, at least in my neighborhood. It is pretty dark here at night - no streetlights. The L1 seems to be fine for this.

arty

Enlightened
I like an L1 surefire. The low beam is useful for checking out what the pooch is doing in the shadows - without waking up the neighborhood. The high should be OK when crossing the street. It has a pushbutton/twistie. A slight push turns on low, and a stronger push gets it to high.

I don't think that you should have to blind the drivers to get their attention, at least in my neighborhood. It is pretty dark here at night - no streetlights. The L1 seems to be fine for this.

I add an FO4 beamshaper to make it a flood, but you don't really need to for signalling.

Bmccue1964

Newly Enlightened
I own one of those vests with the flashing LED's. Last Halloween, my son dressed up as a robot with the vest and other stuff on. All I could think of was, "take me to your leader". Heck, at least he was the most visible kid out there!