• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Annoucements - Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbbsga

Enlightened
Re: Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Stress Relieve

Oh wow, I would be interested in a headlamp too. My ZL H502d, used daily, is not performing as well anymore. I am still scratching my head for which I would get when this finally fails completely.

By the way, we finally received our K40vn's and my TK75vn last Saturday. We took them out to our usual spots that night and, like the others have said many times, they are unbelievably powerful! I am also happy that objects that are 100-200m away could really be highlighted with the K40vn. Many thanks again, Vinh! :twothumbs

ckundred

Newly Enlightened

I've got a rant for the group.

Last week I sent my Sunwayman V10R Ti to Vinh. He got it on Wednesday, did all the mods that day and printed a label for shipping. I woke up on Thursday to an email from the USPS giving me the tracking number for this package. I'm excited, per usual Vinh takes good care of me working his magic quickly and my light is scheduled to arrive on Saturday...I live in the Bay Area so three days is typical from Vinh's place in Seattle to mine....But things go awry.

I check on tracking....USPS picks the light up at Vinh's place Thursday. USPS sends it from his local post office in Kent WA. to one in Seattle. The Seattle post office sends it to a Seattle sort facility. The Seattle sort facility sends it to another sort facility back in Vinh's town of Kent WA. This all happens on Thursday...Huh?

On Friday there's no updates, it shows that it's still sitting in the Kent WA sort facility. Doesn't show "processed" only shows "accepted." Same thing on Saturday (the day it's scheduled for delivery) and again on Sunday.

Monday same thing so I send a note to USPS via their website asking why my package is still sitting in the Kent WA sort facility. The next day, Tuesday, it shows accepted and processed at the Oakland CA sort facility. My local post office responds to my email basically telling me what I can read on their tracking site. They say I'll probably get it in the next couple days...Now this is Tuesday, I was supposed to have it on Saturday and "next couple days!?" Again, huh? This is a "priority mail" package that is already late and shows "processed" in Oakland which is only 20 miles from my home....I would think they could do it faster but what can you do?

Now this morning, no updates on the USPS site and this is nearly 24 hours after being "processed" 20 miles from my home. Mail comes, no package. Just now went back on their site and it shows the package was sent back to the Kent WA post office---I'm assuming it's going to be returned to Vinh for some reason...No! The Kent WA post office has now sent it to the Kent WA sort facility. They've changed the "scheduled delivery date" from September 28 to October 3rd...I'm sure to make their internal statistics look better...But will it be delivered tomorrow? And more importantly where and to whom will it be delivered?

OK, that's my rant.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I will watch for the post lady. Ampersand in Australia got his light before you :p

I've got a rant for the group.

Last week I sent my Sunwayman V10R Ti to Vinh. He got it on Wednesday, did all the mods that day and printed a label for shipping. I woke up on Thursday to an email from the USPS giving me the tracking number for this package. I'm excited, per usual Vinh takes good care of me working his magic quickly and my light is scheduled to arrive on Saturday...I live in the Bay Area so three days is typical from Vinh's place in Seattle to mine....But things go awry.

I check on tracking....USPS picks the light up at Vinh's place Thursday. USPS sends it from his local post office in Kent WA. to one in Seattle. The Seattle post office sends it to a Seattle sort facility. The Seattle sort facility sends it to another sort facility back in Vinh's town of Kent WA. This all happens on Thursday...Huh?

On Friday there's no updates, it shows that it's still sitting in the Kent WA sort facility. Doesn't show "processed" only shows "accepted." Same thing on Saturday (the day it's scheduled for delivery) and again on Sunday.

Monday same thing so I send a note to USPS via their website asking why my package is still sitting in the Kent WA sort facility. The next day, Tuesday, it shows accepted and processed at the Oakland CA sort facility. My local post office responds to my email basically telling me what I can read on their tracking site. They say I'll probably get it in the next couple days...Now this is Tuesday, I was supposed to have it on Saturday and "next couple days!?" Again, huh? This is a "priority mail" package that is already late and shows "processed" in Oakland which is only 20 miles from my home....I would think they could do it faster but what can you do?

Now this morning, no updates on the USPS site and this is nearly 24 hours after being "processed" 20 miles from my home. Mail comes, no package. Just now went back on their site and it shows the package was sent back to the Kent WA post office---I'm assuming it's going to be returned to Vinh for some reason...No! The Kent WA post office has now sent it to the Kent WA sort facility. They've changed the "scheduled delivery date" from September 28 to October 3rd...I'm sure to make their internal statistics look better...But will it be delivered tomorrow? And more importantly where and to whom will it be delivered?

OK, that's my rant.

ckundred

Newly Enlightened

I will watch for the post lady. Ampersand in Australia got his light before you :p

I just read that....So now you kick me when I'm down...but then you bring me way back up....That was an amazing gesture!

Of course I read it right after writing my rant...puts little problems like postal delivery issues into perspective...Your lights and your section of the forum are like therapy!

Last edited:

Tracker II

Enlightened

I just took my K40vn Thrower out for the first time and all I can say is that I have a pretty good imagination but nothing, NOTHING, prepared me for this - I'm still in a bit of shock! The throw on this beast is complete insanity - or should I say Vinh-sanity. And oh what a beam when you aim it into the sky, like a never-ending light saber. Thanks so much Vinh for such a beautiful light !!!

ckundred

Newly Enlightened

I just took my K40vn Thrower out for the first time and all I can say is that I have a pretty good imagination but nothing, NOTHING, prepared me for this - I'm still in a bit of shock! The throw on this beast is complete insanity - or should I say Vinh-sanity. And oh what a beam when you aim it into the sky, like a never-ending light saber. Thanks so much Vinh for such a beautiful light !!!

I'll never forget my first time either Tracker II :twothumbs

Last edited:

Mike9028

Enlightened

That has got to be an absolute beast! See if you can get any beamshots of that stud of a light! I would like to see a dedomed version of this light after having my TK75vn with dedomed emitters. It would be more lumens and further throw. I couldn't really imagine!
RC40vn

Tease pic. More pics tomorrow night. Camera Battery died.

buzzman003

Newly Enlightened
Re: Annoucements - Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Stress Relieve

I'm still looking for the ultimate SMALLEST single 18650 light ;)
Thought the DQG would be perfect but I like my L2M with twisty zero Rez shorty better still even tho it only takes 18500

ac4e09d5.jpg

79b310e8.jpg

It's got a 2mode 219 SMO in it ATM. . .
Out throws the DD dedomed DQG Vinh helped me with.
Ill probably get an updated module for the L2M soonish- maybe an XPE2 4000-4500K SMO.

I sanded off the ridges on the bezel to make it pocket friendly ;) & used a Surefire tail cap for the shorty zero-res.

I wish 18500s had more capacity tho!

The idea of the smallest 18650 light is a great idea. Or even a 2x18650 (unless it's already been done). I would submit that after the technical specs are good on the host, the interface is the next most important part. Are there any infinitely variable magnetic control ring lights out there? Something like the jetbeam rrt0's interface would be cool.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

My cpf bookmark has been edited to bring me right to this forum lol.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think this time next year you will be a publicly traded company on djia lol.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

ooooo I have never invested in stock. May be someday LOL

Me neither... lol just meant you will probably have a big business if u keep going at this rate

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Me neither... lol just meant you will probably have a big business if u keep going at this rate

Not sure abotu that but I am working hard :)

CaptainRogersUK

Newly Enlightened

put a 2ft zoom head on it and you would by a jedi master... lol... in reply to the picture of the light saber above :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.