Any Battlestar Galactica fans out there?

K A

Enlightened
Hmm. A Female Starbuck.. So the character is going to be StarDoe now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Im sorry.. couldnt resist the bad joke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hatch has been trying FOREVER to get Battlestar:Galactica up and running again. Back in its broadcast days, it was the most expensive TV series ever, and may still hold that title.

I always like the premise, and it was good harmless fun, until it got campy, and the found Earth, and rode around on flying motorcycles, or Starbuck and Apollo fought the devil. On the other hand, the early episodes had a very dark feel to them, with good stories...

--dan

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
A female Starbuck?

If she can act, and gives depth to the plot, and she wears a 7 of 9/ t'pol tight fitting jump suit and has a body to match, I'M IN!

Skyline

Enlightened
Yeah, Richard Hatch has been trying to get BG back for years now. Unfortunately, they pretty much ripped it out from under him. RH has nothing to do with SciFi's new production.

Typical SciFi shenanigans. What else is new?

Remember: Farscape Series Finale this Friday at 8pm on SciFi!!!

mikep

Enlightened
From the Simpson's promo for "Bi-mon-sci-fi-con":
Plus, tag-team robot wrestling! It's the mighty robots of Battlestar Galactica, versus the gay robots of Star Wars!

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean you all watched the series and missed the blatant allegory???? Shame on you. All of the character names were Biblical or Mythological. Take the Cylon command robot: his name is Lucifer and Lorne's character is Adama.

This naming was very deliberate, as was the overall storyline.

In the War of The Gods section of Galactica, the Human traitor recognized the voice of the 'devil' character to be identical to the Cylon's Imperious Leader! This is no accident.

This show was a classic war of the Sons of Light vs the Sons of Darkness tale, set in a science fiction setting.

Starbuck was something of a Maverick. Combination of opportunist and con artist, but, with a Heart of Pure Gold.

In the Galactica series, the saying "I've been Starbucked," is the same as "I've been conned (or had)." He even pulled a doozy on Adama, relating to a critical mission assignment, which he wanted, but Adama had assigned to someone else (Apollo, I think).

Interestingly, Adam likened Starbuck and Boomer to Himself and Col. Tigh (sp?) when they were younger.

The miniseries may be a good thing to watch.

As to the broadcast query: it is on Sci Fi Channel only, as it is their production (miniseries).

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not the usual thing from a Critic. Those routinely trash science fiction whether TV or silver screen. To find one that confesses to liking sci-fi is refreshing.

I would like to see the sci-fi channel purged of its horror content, and there is more than enough horror for its own channel.

I recorded Children of Dune, including the extra part (8 hours total).

Latest posts