Any interest in a CA camp trip?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm cool with any date. Set it and I'll be there!

[ QUOTE ]
Reaper said:
Oh great. Now there's going to be a CPFer camping trip when I've got all this medical issues. Arthritis of feet and knees, really bad disc problems, slight leaking heart valve and now type 2. My service days of pup tents and mud are over, how about just camping in someone's back yard? Seriously, this does sound good depending on where you finally decide on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. You're talkin' to a bleeder here (Hemophiliac). I better get going on that Glucosamine!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I'm ready to go when you set the date/place. I was thinking about somewhere in the Eastern Sierras, i.e. Mammoth Lakes area where there are hundreds of trails, or up in Yosemite, as mentioned previously...

I'll keep checking in...

-Jim

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested as well.
[ QUOTE ]
WaltH says: I got 20 bucks says PK has the coolest toys

[/ QUOTE ]
well, i got my KL1 that says that also.

OHhh, when, where, who?

TrevorG

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Wolfen said:
I always wanted to see the California wilderness. Are tactical flashlights still legal in California? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if registered prior to January 1, 2003.

DavidH

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like fun to me! I'll be up in Mammoth july29-Aug. 2 for the blues and brews festival called Bluesapalooza. There's lots of good mountain biking, hiking, and horseback riding. Kayaking on Mono Lake is fun too.

I haven't been to Lassen in a while, that would be fun too. I think Yosemite as way too crowded.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Yo'Smite, you need to get out of the Valley; otherwise, you'd be smited by all the cars trying to cram into the campgrounds... I'd usually stay in Tuolumne Meadows or the outlying areas (Bridalveil Creek, Yosemite Creek, ect)...

Mammoth Lakes looks really tempting...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a So Cal resident, I would like to suggest Sequoia Nat'l Park which is more in the middle

Also, rather than fight the crowds during the peak season of summer, we should plan this in the next few weeks(early June) or the second/third week of September; my vote for September which would allow more time to plan

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Love to go. Too much work; vacation is in order.

My vote is for September. How many days are we talking about?

EDIT: I'll have to take a pass in June. I've got too many things on my calendar. You'll want me there; I'll bring Vermont pancake syrup for all. See, you do want me after all, baby.

Darkcobra

Enlightened
You all remember the episode of the Brady Bunch when they camped in the Grand Canyons (I believe)? I think it was Peter who hid some pork and beans in his flashlight. . . Are we gonna have to do the same with the Syrup? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

InTheDark

Enlightened
I'm going up to sequoia first weekend of june, if anybody wants to meet up there. Not sure exactly which campground yet, but last time I went reservations weren't needed. Somebody told me there still might be snow on the ground though.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
InTheDark says he wants to go and poof! the thread dies.

What has the poor sap done to you or your wives/girlfriends?

Does he have a reputation for obnoxious camping behavior? What gives with this hombre? Should I revoke the Vermont maple syrup offer?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
No crowding.. there's plenty to go around...

We need some a firm date and more commitments.

I *might* be will to put some time into organizing this, but I have little desire to do so, if there is but a few attendees.

Ok, just like a group buy, here's the list... add your name or paypal is fine

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The biggest problem is figuring how the days people are free or would want to take time out to go on a trip... It seems like either the Sequoias or Mammoth Lakes are on the top of the lists for now...

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine over a weekend would work best for most peoples schedules. I proably would go up on a Thursday (secure the camp site), have Friday and Saturday to play, and return on Sunday....

then there's the old one day turnaround trick...
leave Sat 6am... gathering on Sat evening, and back on Sunday.... (think i'm getting too old for this option).

Since inthedark is already schedule for the 1st weekend in June, LETS JUST DO IT ! If things work well, we do it again at the end of summer

InTheDark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Jeff said:
InTheDark says he wants to go and poof! the thread dies.

What has the poor sap done to you or your wives/girlfriends?

Does he have a reputation for obnoxious camping behavior? What gives with this hombre? Should I revoke the Vermont maple syrup offer?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're just jealous I have a bigger flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, I'm almost positive I'm going up first week of june, unless something happens. Anyone is free to come, but I'm not exactly sure which day I'm leaving, and I'm not sure which site I'm going to go to. I was at Mineral King last time, but if anyone read the LA times, there was an interesting article about pot growers in Sequoia. Seems like Mineral King (now named Marijuana King) is a prime area for pot growers. Some backpackers have been held hostage with rifles when they've wandered too far off the main trails. So I'm thinking of going to a different spot now. Either that or pack my ultralight bong.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kings Canyon/Sequoia NP is about 250miles from downtown LA... It's about 45-50 miles east of Fresno on either Highway 198 or 180... No GF/W here...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Latest posts