Any interest in a CA camp trip?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I've never met Ted before. If I see if him in the woods do I just say hi, throw him food or just back away slowly and talk in a non-threarening voice. I dunno.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure I'll be there. Count me in. I need to know firm dates at least a week in advance.

Which weekend we talking about. May 31, June 1st? June 7,8th.

Can the wife come or is this an all guys thing?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I too am game. I'm just waiting to hear where and when and then I can ask about toilet facilities and whether they have cable.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
First week of june may be too soon for me, How about June 7th and 8th gives me an extra week to get ready. But if the everyone is going on the 31st and 1st, Im in as well.

InTheDark

Enlightened
Sorry, but first week in June, I meant the 7th and 8th. I'm going up probably thursday night to see if i can to get a small campground for my group, but if there are going to be a lot of people going, maybe it's best to reserve a group camp. And I don't have a wife or kids, but i have a lot of nagging and immature friends, so that should be close enough. Anyway, I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks, so I guess I'll see you guys there if you go. I'll just look for all the lights. Have fun.

InTheDark

Enlightened
Showers? Bathroom? Cable TV? I don't know which campground has showers, I don't think any of them do unless it's stated in on the website. The bigger ones like lodgepole probably have more amenities, but those are also where all the RV people go too. Here's a list of those with showers (scroll down) I think they're all in kings canyon, not sequoia

http://www.sequoia.national-park.com/camping.htm

One problem might be the parking. if everybody is going to be driving on their own, I think the each campsites only hold 2 cars, but I can't remember where I saw that. It's on their webpage somewhere.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, where you drive in, there's only spots for 2 cars, so you have to probably park outside or alongside the entrace to the campgrounds...

It's the same in Yosemite. 2 cars per campground site (by area alloted)...

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last time I was there, Campsites were on a first come first served basis.

It might make sense for each person to nab their own campsites. Camp sites are not that big and we can all hang out at one or more different campsites as needed irregardless of group size.

If you want a good toasty fire, you might want to bring your own wood. You can go through a small bundle of oak in one or two nights per campsite. Not sure if there are any campfire reguations this time of year. In Yosemite, during the summer, there are nights that open campfires are banned due to smog and valley view visibility.

Not sure if there is still snow in the area or not. It might be clear, but, if there is snow, some campsites might still be closed.

Last time (many years ago), we went and camped I think in April. Funny, we called there to make reservations. Guy who answered kinda laughed. "Reservations... Campsites are first come first served, *chuckle*". OK, how many campsites are there. He replied, "Well, there aren't too many right now.".

Well, he was dead right. Sure enough, when we get there, there's only three sites left... There were only three sites that didn't have snow covering them... And the three that were open, were partially covered with snow. DOH.

Wayne

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys

I started a new thread "CA Camp Trip 9/5 - 9/7"... I am going to plan this, and hope many will come.

CA Camp Trip 9/5

I know that somebody won't be able to make the dates I have choosen, BUT if no dates are choosen, this will NEVER happen. So onward we go... [

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does this thread's revival bring with it the chance of another outdoors event? I'll be back in Santa Barbara over the summer, I'd hate to miss out on anything.

Latest posts