Any Surefire Z-series addicts out there?

Xacto

Enlightened
That white cerakoted Z2 has me drooling... it's like a Stormtrooper's flashlight...

I first thought that it would fit perfectly those Battlestar Galatica (TOS) uniforms from that particular episode.

BTW - I read that those bent lanyard rings on the older Z-type lights cause damage to the tailcap. Unfortunately I could not find the relevant post showing the damage using the search function - does anyone know where to find that post again? - Thanks.

Cheers
Thorsten

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Re: Any Z2 addicts out there?

IMG_6190_1024x768.jpg

Shao, which bezel is this?

SG688

Newly Enlightened
A little different. 6Z and 9Z conversion unit with "Glock Sock" in place of combat rings.

Yeah, there's been some bezel switching going on.

I also have a Z2. After all the talk, I bought a C2. Eh. I'ts in a drawer.

surefire6z9zringless2bs.jpg

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my first Z2 recently. White Cerakote with cren-4 bezel. Oveready 3-mode triple, neutral.

GinsengNewOvereadyZ2White01.jpg

Wilkey

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another Z-series addict. Right now I'm carrying a G2Z, and I've been looking for an affordable 7Z from the time I discovered them until the B65 was discontinued. :banghead:

Until someone makes an aftermarket 18650 body for the G2Z, I can't think of a better rechargeable solution for me. Granted, I'm running an XML on two IMR 16340, but I'll be the first to admit that it's suboptimal.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another Z-series addict. Right now I'm carrying a G2Z, and I've been looking for an affordable 7Z from the time I discovered them until the B65 was discontinued. :banghead:

Until someone makes an aftermarket 18650 body for the G2Z, I can't think of a better rechargeable solution for me. Granted, I'm running an XML on two IMR 16340, but I'll be the first to admit that it's suboptimal.

Do what I did, Chronitus, and get an A20 and put it on a 9Z.

bestcounsel

Enlightened
Heres my SF 9Z (saving it for my son):

DSC04425.jpg

I like the C2 better....i really like pocket clips on lights....I have a C2, G2L and e2e and all have long pocket clips

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
For those of you that have a bored Z2...

I had a professional machinist friend bore a 6P and a C2 for me to fit 18650 cells and I was going to have him do the Z2 however, he says that the sidewalls would be VERY thin at the flat spots and said it may even be structurally weak... SO I told him to hold off. What do you guys think? How much sidewall would be left if it was bored perfectly? Do you guys think it would be too thin and make it weaker?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing about that. I like my C2's and C3's because you can align the filament of the bulb with your grip of the body. When you pick up a Z2 or 6P type light you can't be sure of that by feel. And yea, a type III natural Z2 or Z3 would be outstanding. The black rubber grip ring contrasted by a natural type III finish would make a very attractive looking light! And durable.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the first test we did trying to break a bored Z2. Its tougher than a C2:

Thanks for the laugh guru. Was expecting to just drive over it, not peal out on its head!! That boosted my confidance with host I have coming!

Will be joining the Z club soon. Got a white Oveready host coming that will contain a VID 5.6a Quad, black crell bezel ring, and a Moddoo black Triad tail. Should provide some nice black/white contrast. And of course, when received, I will promptly post pics!

Great thread, keep the pics and info coming folks!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry Dudes, all test lights are mistreated until destruction. Still, you might hit up Sgt LED for left overs ;)