Any word on the Eagletac D25 series clickys?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very surprised and disappointed. You usually see that in cheap lights. I have always considered ET to be a quality manufacturer.

Its usually a lot more efficient to use current regulation designed for only one battery type. Your choices for broad voltage support are a Boost-Buck circuit that can do both which is more expensive and less efficient or a PWM circuit that is even cheaper but not efficient.

HIDblue

Enlightened
A sales thread for the D25 series clickies was started in the CPF marketplace by one of the CPF dealers.

Now I just need ET to introduce the clicky series in Titanium...

Glock 22

Enlightened
There up for pre-order available the end of april but all pre-orders are sold out. (Link remove I got a :whoopin: .)​

Last edited:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reading the US release info:
No moon mode [sub lumen] for the 'big boys' D25C2 & D25LC2. Don't know if the xm-l circuit has the 'lower-low' stuff?
Pricing is great, but not outstanding, but the feature set is outstanding

The Fenix P3D rb100 may have just earned its retirement.

zenbeam

Enlightened
This is the first I've seen any images of these! Wow! My D25C soon to have a companion! I am so glad there is a rush on the preorders. I need some time to recover form my recent splurging on starting a flashlight collection in the first place! I will be ready by the time these new "Clicky-D's" are commonly available. And that will also give me time to really think about just which model/emitter setup I want. :whistle:

zenbeam

Enlightened
After careful consideration - I just pre-ordered my D25LC2rc! Earned a little unexpected OT this week - and voila!

Not sure if pre-orders are sold out or not? I pre-ordered from EagleTac USA and all the models have banners saying limited supplies, pre-order now for end of April, etc., etc. When I went through with the pre-order, the charge showed up on my payment method account and I received email confirmation and receipt right away - no notices about being sold out or delayed - so far!

Man, after picking up a D25C twisty, I really, really wanted a D25LC2 twisty. I wound up holding off to explore other types of flashlights and makers - having no idea that just around the corner, these clicky beauties with updated LEDs and other kewl new features were about to make themselves available to us! I totally would have been bummed if had already bought the twisty version before knowing about the clickies!

I wound up deciding upon the XT-E R5 version for the throw and improved efficiency over the XP-G S2. Yeah, the XM-L U2 puts out lots-o more lumens and is floodier, but I feel that the lower settings on even a tighter, thrower-style beam will be fine for working with in close surroundings, etc. And while 344 lumens (OTF) isn't quite 548 lumens (OTF), the XT-E R5 is supposedly a much better thrower - and I can't help in this case but to want to have a small form factor light like this that will impressively "reach out and touch"!

Here are some specs on the LED choices for the D25LC2rc
(this info can be found at the EagleTac.com site / product page)

CREE XP-G S2 LED

344 O.T.F. lumen, Good far projecting performance, excellent beam profile
XP-G is the best well-balance LED for this flashlight in terms of beam profile, output, far projecting and up close beam performance.
CREE XT-E R5 LED

344 O.T.F. lumen, Excellent far projecting performance, good beam profile
New generation silicon carbidge-based XT-E LED offers approximately 10% higher efficiency than the XP-G LED at the same bin at 350mA LED current.
CREE XM-L U2 LED

548 O.T.F. lumen, Fair far projecting performance, excellent (relatively floody) beam profile
(Cool white LED beam profile shown above) Neutral white LED shares the same beam profile as its cool white version.

Now all I can do is periodically look at pictures (somehow that just doesn't quite sound right) -

2.jpg

Reversible clip -
5.jpg

The perfect size for EDC! Pocket, holster (the ever awesome rigid EagleTac nylon holster at that!) or lanyard - or all!

4.jpg

I become just like a kid with anxiety over these kinds of matters! I can't wait for this to ship out! But, the 50 year old in me tells me to be prepared in the event they send me notice of delay due to popular demand, etc. But if I do get this sucker in the first batch release... you know I'll be yelling "woot" around here! :thumbsup: And while still high on my new baby, I'll post up a :nana: to those who don't have theirs yet. :wave:

Last edited:

sspc

Newly Enlightened
The D25LC2 twisty is my favorite light for many reasons (smallish size, output, UI, pocket clip...). On the clicky version, I don't like the way the pocket clip is positioned as it would leave too much of light sitting outside of the pocket. So I'm leaning towards the D25A or C clicky because they use the pocket clip I prefer, but I would carry the D25LC2 clicky clipless if I went that route.

Last edited:

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I just saw a "Coming Soon" at one of the popular dealers on

EagleTac D25A CLICKY Ti Mini TITANIUM
(Select COOL or NEUTRAL in Cart)
XM-L U2/T5 Limited Edition

and

EagleTac D25C CLICKY Ti Mini TITANIUM
I don't have any more info, but I'm waiting with baited breath.

Danielight

Enlightened

and

This looks like our friends at illuminationGear. I started to e-mail them a while back when I learned that EagleTac was going to release just the battery tube portion with the clicky switch for those who might want to convert a twisty to clicky. CSS at illuminationGear was always good at sending e-mail updates, but made it clear that they, too, were waiting on updated info from the mfg. I'd just keep watching the illuminationGear website.

HIDblue

Enlightened

and

Great find...I'm starting to love Ti lights to the detriment of my wallet.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
I, too, am waiting for the next round of Eagletacs. I didn't like the bad news about the Nitecore multi- 18650's and was hoping for a more reliable offering from Eagletac.

Btw, danielight, nice pug!

HIDblue

Enlightened
Looks like lightjunction has the new Eagletac D25 clickies in stock!

I'm going to try and show some restraint and wait for the D25 Titanium clickies to come out...:whistle: