Any word on the Eagletac D25 series clickys?

zenbeam

Enlightened
Looks like lightjunction has the new Eagletac D25 clickies in stock!

I'm going to try and show some restraint and wait for the D25 Titanium clickies to come out...:whistle:

Woah! They do have a limited offering in stock! EagleTac-USA.com has already charged my credit card for my pre-order, but lightjunction doesn't have the D25LC2 with the XT-E R5 (which I want) only the XM-L T6 version... so I feel better..... sort of.... lol.

If you go to each light's individual product page, they have the number of units in stock listed near the bottom.

One can only hope that this is an indicator that the pre-orders are soon to be filled? :wave:

Last edited:

HIDblue

Enlightened
Yeah, it's getting harder to resist. The D25LC2 looks to be about the same size as my 4Sevens Quark X 123^2 judging by the listed dimensions, but the D25LC2 not only has higher output, but is also compatible with 18650, RCR123 and CR123 battery configs. Very small form factor for a 1x18650 light.

Must resist...:broke:

cyclesport

Enlightened
Woah! They do have a limited offering in stock! EagleTac-USA.com has already charged my credit card for my pre-order, but lightjunction doesn't have the D25LC2 with the XT-E R5 (which I want) only the XM-L T6 version... so I feel better..... sort of.... lol.

If you go to each light's individual product page, they have the number of units in stock listed near the bottom.

One can only hope that this is an indicator that the pre-orders are soon to be filled? :wave:

Zenbeam: FWIW I had the D25LC2 XT-E on order with another distributor when I noticed Illumination Gear had it in stock. I cancelled my existing order to place it with Illumination Gear when Todd told me that every single one of his D25 clickies with the XT-E emitter was full of undesirable tints of yellow and blue with a very splotchy overall beam. It was so bad he, being an honest merchant, sent them all back as defective and will show his website as being "out of stock" with any EagleTac D25 XT-E series clicky for the time being! Bummer, I wanted this light with this emitter too...now pondering the same light with XM-L?

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
Looks like lightjunction has the new Eagletac D25 clickies in stock!

I'm going to try and show some restraint and wait for the D25 Titanium clickies to come out...:whistle:

I wonder how long it will be till the titanium ones come out. Don't the manufacturers usually release the ti versions about one month later?

zenbeam

Enlightened
Zenbeam: FWIW I had the D25LC2 XT-E on order with another distributor when I noticed Illumination Gear had it in stock. I cancelled my existing order to place it with Illumination Gear when Todd told me that every single one of his D25 clickies with the XT-E emitter was full of undesirable tints of yellow and blue with a very splotchy overall beam. It was so bad he, being an honest merchant, sent them all back as defective and will show his website as being "out of stock" with any EagleTac D25 XT-E series clicky for the time being! Bummer, I wanted this light with this emitter too...now pondering the same light with XM-L?

Cyclesport:
Thanks for this heads up! I am going to have to write EagleTac-USA about this. I am going to directly ask them if they are in fact having such an issue. They should be honest and say so either allowing me to change my order or... assure me that they will ship a "fixed" unit with the XT-E. Hmmm... I'll post back with any results on this. I will be ticked if I get a splotchy flashlight shipped to me from a company I consider very high quality.

EDIT: That might very well explain why lightjunction had no XT-E versions for sale. I just wrote EagleTac to see about what to do with my pre-order. Will update.

I would wind up going with the XM-L U2 if they don't say they will fix the XT-E issue quick enough. Man I hope it was just a bad batch?

Last edited:

cyclesport

Enlightened
Cyclesport:
Thanks for this heads up! I am going to have to write EagleTac-USA about this. I am going to directly ask them if they are in fact having such an issue. They should be honest and say so either allowing me to change my order or... assure me that they will ship a "fixed" unit with the XT-E. Hmmm... I'll post back with any results on this. I will be ticked if I get a splotchy flashlight shipped to me from a company I consider very high quality.

EDIT: That might very well explain why lightjunction had no XT-E versions for sale. I just wrote EagleTac to see about what to do with my pre-order. Will update.

I would wind up going with the XM-L U2 if they don't say they will fix the XT-E issue quick enough. Man I hope it was just a bad batch?

No problem zenbeam. I also email request/cancelled my order with EagleTac.usa and it was promptly credited. I'm sure you'll have no issues. Keep us posted as to EagleTac's response re: known problems with the XT-E emitter...be curious to hear their response?

I did order the D25C and D25LC2 both with the XM-L U2 from Light Junction (because I needed some other items that only they had in stock + a CPF discount) and all items shipped today! I have other lights with this emitter, and although the XT-E sounded like something I would have liked if it functioned properly, I do like the massive amount of seemingly consistant clean white floody light the XM-L U2 puts out when utilized in such a broad sampling of manfacturer's products.

Seems I've been getting burned recently on new product releases eg: Sunwayman V10R Ti+...Sheesh! You'd think I'd wise up!? I just hope the crappy XT-E versions of these first gen EagleTac clickys don't turn out to be just one out of a bunch of other problems with these lights...or these will be going back for a refund!

zenbeam

Enlightened
I wrote illuminationgear as well. Want to see if I qualify for CPF discount and if so, heck I would cancel my D25LC2rc order with EagleTac-USA and order one from illuminationgear probably with the Neutral XM-L T6.

Depends on the replies I get.

But what I thought was cool at the illuminationgear site is that they have body tubes to convert existing twisty D's to clicky D's! Some models are not available yet, but they do have them in stock for the D25C - which I happen to own - $20 upgrade to clicky..... hmmmmmmm..... Man these guys know how to reach into your wallet. I will have to think about it though! lol

zenbeam

Enlightened
Woot! Just cancelled my D25LC2 clicky XT-E R5 order with EagleTac-USA then turned around and ordered same from IlluminationGear with a Neutral XM-L T6. The CPF discount was enough to basically eliminate the added cost of going to XM-L - cool! (or should I say neutral? - yes, that was corny).

And yes, I DID order the converter tube to convert my D25C twisty to a clicky! I already love the emitter on this light, so I don't mind not fully upgrading it, but making it a clicky in terms of operation is very cool. Plus, the holster with the exposed metal inside, underneath the button snap has worn a small place already on the knurling of month old D25C. This new clicky tube will be all new knurling - allowing me an opportunity to find a way to cover that metal in the holster to prevent the new tube from having a mark as well.

BTW -
Since I cancelled the order with EagleTac-USA, they may or may not respond to my query about the funky beams with the XT-E R5 emitters. If they do, I will certainly post up their response here.

Can't wait to get this new light & tube too! This will have to be my last light for a little while - lol (ever said that to yourself?)

OK - enough rambling for now. :sssh:

zenbeam

Enlightened
IlluminationGear order shipped earlier today (everything that I've read about Tod and this site is true). I finally got a reply back from EagleTacUSA in an email response agreeing to cancel my order and credit my PayPal. The credit hasn't shown up yet. Tod's credit for the CPF discount showed up within moments of the order being placed. I think going straight to EagleTacUSA or PTS for that matter is like going to a busy factory for a single item. Probably not the best of ideas. Live and learn eh?

When EagleTac replied btw, they only responded to my cancellation request and made zero mention to my query about the XT-E R5 emitter beam issues. Oh well.

salimoneus

Newly Enlightened
I sure hope it's true about the Ti versions of the clicky being available soon. I contacted EagleTac directly only a month ago and was told they were not doing one in Ti.

Danielight

Enlightened
I, too, am waiting for the next round of Eagletacs. I didn't like the bad news about the Nitecore multi- 18650's and was hoping for a more reliable offering from Eagletac.

Btw, danielight, nice pug!
Thanks, CPFBiology. The pug's name is Duke ... he's 5 years old, and is a real mama's boy (really attached to my wife). He appreciates my flashlights more than my wife does, because I use one every morning & evening when I walk him. (We also have a 1-yr old black female pug, who appreciates the flashlights for the same reason.) :)

af112566

Newly Enlightened
does anyone have one of these yet?? im interested in how they are...

zenbeam

Enlightened
If all goes well with shipping, I should have my D25LC2 this Saturday.

Cyclesport said he ordered one already through lightjunction so that should be arriving anytime now?

cyclesport

Enlightened
If all goes well with shipping, I should have my D25LC2 this Saturday.

Cyclesport said he ordered one already through lightjunction so that should be arriving anytime now?

USPS says I should have the D25C and D25LC2 both w/the XM-LU2 emitter tomorrow 4/27. I'll be kinda busy the next couple of days but if no others post any data, I'll try and post my observations of the lights, beam pattern & tint. I'm mostly concerned (1) about conflicting info I've seen re: direct drive with Li-ion's and if I'll have access to all functions and realize full turbo output (700+lumens) with 16430's and 18650's respectively, and (2) if there are no quality issues with the XM-L emitters in view of Tod @ IlluminationGear's refusing his entire shipment of XT-E lights due to poor beam quality.

I admit I'm more tolerant of cool vs. warm tints than others on this board. As long as the beam isn't very ringy and relatively artifact free I'm happy. I just don't like extremely cool or warm lights.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
So from reading Eagletac D25 manual online here is a couple things that I think will put the reverse clicky back in favor and satisfy those of us who like quick access to multiple modes but have always been put off by a couple drawbacks of a reverse clicky.

First is mode memory or no mode memory - In the past in a new light sales thread or product announcement of a reverse clicky light one of the first questions you can count on a member asking is is there mode memory or not? There was and always will be two camps here those who don't like mode memory and those who will not by a light without it having mode memory.

With the ET Clicky you have the option to program the light to either enable or disable mode memory and if you change your mind or would like to experiment you have that option and are not held back by one or the other, big problem solved I think.

Next there has always been a discussion about moonlight mode on reverse clicky light's and many feel moonlight mode gets in the way and you have to click through to many modes to get to the higher outputs, but like mode memory there is another camp of members who will not purchase a light unless it has a true moonlight mode, and also like memory mode you can program the ET Clicky to either have a moonlight mode or not have a moonlight mode.

So on paper it seems these models solves a couple large problems that would keep members away from a reverse clicky including me, in the past I really disliked mode memory but recently I've grown to like it somewhat. It comes down to this if I take the light outside at night I prefer to have mode memory because I'm probably going to only use one of the higher outputs.

On the other hand when I come inside at night I prefer quick access to moonlight mode for task around the house when most of my light's are off or when I wake at night, 2 lumens can seem like 2000 when you wake and take a trip to the fridge or restroom so having easy assess to a moonlight mode without a quick accidental splash of 300 lumens is always great to have.

I should have a D25LC2 Monday and look forward to putting these issues to test and I wonder how many of you are buying the D25 Clicky because it has the ability to do the things mentioned above?

sspc

Newly Enlightened
Looking at the UI details, it looks like strobe in group 2 may not be hidden. What do you guys think? The UI seems interesting but too easily accessible strobe would not be a plus (IMO).

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at the UI details, it looks like strobe in group 2 may not be hidden. What do you guys think? The UI seems interesting but to easily accessible strobe would not be a plus (IMO).

Well strobe is in the group with Turbo so with the head tight turning the light on will come on in turbo and you would need to tap the switch for strobe similar to many reverse switch light's of the past and present. So strobe shouldn't get in the way at all when the head is tight, you wouldn't need to cycle if the only other mode on that group is turbo.

However it seems the head loose is also same as past light's where the blinky modes get in the way of cycling the modes, that is where I wish this light has one more program option where I could program the blinky modes.

ViciousV

Newly Enlightened
Looking at the UI details, it looks like strobe in group 2 may not be hidden. What do you guys think? The UI seems interesting but to easily accessible strobe would not be a plus (IMO).

Seems like strobe is another "camp" like JHC was talking about. Those who prefer a more tactical light want it easily accessible. Those who don't use it as part of a self defence option want it hidden.

I have a few ET lights, 2 are D25's, I haven't decided if I'll get a clicky yet, tho the more I read the more I'm convincing myself. ;)

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
However it seems the head loose is also same as past light's where the blinky modes get in the way of cycling the modes, that is where I wish this light has one more program option where I could program the blinky modes.

Never mind that part I almost forgot the blinky modes are hidden, it seems you have to cycle through all the outputs twice when the head is loose although I can still see myself accidentally activating them when I'm just toying around.

I have to admit though cheers to Eagletac for hiding the strobe modes, I've never found them useful what so ever.