Anyone edc a surefire?

chip100t

Enlightened
Anyone here edc a surefire? Which model and why?

I have a Titan plus I carry a lot and like, a fury intellibeam I use in the woods when walking the dog. And now a defender ultra that I thought I would carry daily but I am struggling with only having 5L or 1000L and nothing in between. I see they do a EDC light but I think that is even worse at 5L and 1200L.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A while back I carried a SureFire each day for a while. When their former designer PK left and started his own gig I began carrying his products each day and still do. They were smaller than my G2x Pro.

I bought an EDCL2-T pre-order and the day I saw UPS had delivered it drove 3 hours in a snow storm to get home and try it out. Good Gosh!! Crazy bright, to say the least. The 5 lumen low is amazingly useful due to the shape of the optic.

Qship1996

Enlightened
I have had a Titan on my keyring for the last 6 years, a Fury DFT in the glovebox, and a E1d defender on my nightstand.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carried an E1L with a Z68 shrouded tailcap in my front pocket for years. It's a great little light and I've still got it. I'm not sure why I rotated it out for a Jetbeam Jet-1 on 14500 cells; I probably just wanted a change. The E1L on low was enough for 99% of my needs. I currently have an HDS as backup. When it's cold enough for a jacket, I will probably work another Surefire in there somewhere.

Duster1671, I also have an A2 with Yuji 3200k leds and a FM strion adapter, and yes, it is a heck of a light.

Last edited:

chip100t

Enlightened
My defender is growing on me, although when you shine it on a white wall the center is a very light lime green with a wide light purple outer ring😀. After a quick google I have found this is not uncommon for a surefire.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carried a Surefire Titan Plus often during the summer months. My L1 has been collecting dust for a few years now.
surefire-titan-plus.jpg

I did for a long time, the first one was an E2e, then I upgraded to an L1, and A2L. I got tired of the cool-white LEDs and the fragile clips though, and started branching out.

The E2e was a great EDC for years, those were simpler times :) . One mode, 60lm seemed like plenty.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've EDCed at least two SFs for years, these days up to four. They are not being heavily used though, and are always holstered.

The E2e is no escape. I have one in my trouser pocket. Has an LF tower module (319a 4000K) installed that gives decent output but poor throw (due to SF's problematic reflector design when used with LEDs). I also have another Frakenstein E2d setup featuring a full LF head upgrade.

LRJ88

Enlightened
I tend to carry my Tactician with me at times, it works well with 16650s and considering i use it in low mode 95% of the time it lasts forever like that.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC a Surefire 6P with Malkoff M61N and mcclicky in my bag (murse LoL) and have a 6P with malkoff M60 and md tailcap on my patrol belt.

A sidekick is on my keychain.

Audiowiz

Newly Enlightened
Anyone here edc a surefire? Which model and why?

I have a Titan plus I carry a lot and like, a fury intellibeam I use in the woods when walking the dog. And now a defender ultra that I thought I would carry daily but I am struggling with only having 5L or 1000L and nothing in between. I see they do a EDC light but I think that is even worse at 5L and 1200L.
I love my E1 backup . I'm on my second generation now with the 200 lm led version. My old one had an led head I think 65 lm that was fine. They're both excellent for rooting around in Attics or crawl spaces Not too bright not too dim just right. I probably have 100 lights and I always go back to the E1 backup

Audiowiz

Newly Enlightened
I love my E1 backup . I'm on my second generation now with the 200 lm led version. My old one had an led head I think 65 lm that was fine. They're both excellent for rooting around in Attics or crawl spaces Not too bright not too dim just right. I probably have 100 lights and I always go back to the E1 backup
My mistake I carry a backup mc 400 lm.

RamTuff

Newly Enlightened
Which: Executive Elite E2e running a Lumens Fact. lamp on a 16650 KeepPower cell. Daily without fail.
Why: I drink SureFire koolaide, always loved'em but this one my wife found for me at a thrift store, it looked like new but wouldn't turn on so they let her have it for $0.50 (cents). The switch was dirty, still had an old CR123 in it, and upon cleaning the switch, still had a day or two life left in the old cell. That was 4 years ago. So "Why"... sentimental reasons plus it's an old SureFire.

Nocturrne

Newly Enlightened
I've been carrying the Fury dual-fuel as EDC for a long time. It has the right amount of spot and flood for looking down dark alleys and securing an area. It also has no strobe, which I find useless and annoying. Wherever I go with my pistol, the Fury goes with me. I use Surefire and Arisaka/Modlite for duty grade reliability. Potted electronics and mil-spec reliability testing make a big difference. I also carry some other fun lights or utility lights, like Sofirn and Acebeam, but they are not reliable. I don't want to be stuck somewhere in the dark because I dropped my pretty fashion light once and it broke or I spaz clicked it into a weird mode.

Coolwhite

Newly Enlightened
Edcl1-t is the one I have been carrying lately, think is my favorite light,
Just feels right in hand, carries great, best Ui out of all my other lights.
Oh yes, and a 6p in my bag.