Anyone here play paintball?

Eric_M

Enlightened
Just wondering if anyone here plays paintball. I started about 4 years ago and have loved it ever since. Mostly "woods ball" with a bunch of friends but lately I've been going to actual fields with a group of people also.

Too cold right now to play in Northern Illinois but warm weather will be here before we know it.

Just curious,

Eric

Joel

Newly Enlightened
I think everyone should try it at least once, it's pretty fun. I was amazed at how "amped" I got even though I knew it was just a mock battle. I can't even imagine what our troops are going through with the real thing. Only drawback is that it's kind of expensive and it hurts like a SOB when you get hit - you come away with some nice bruises, I could do without that part.

CLHC

Flashaholic
No, but have seen these devices used to "mark" trees though. . .

Only paintball devices saw were the RAM type such as from RAP4.

yellow1

Newly Enlightened
Guilty.

i prefer woodsball, but lately have been playing speedball (due to the fact that my buddy can get me onto the field for free.

and if you're getting bruised, try wearing more clothing. a cheap old navy fleece jacket will work wonders in terms of reducing the kinetic energy of the paintball.

Taylorf

Enlightened
I have a gun, Tippman 98 custom (nothing special), and i love paintballing yet i never seem to go. I have probably used the gun about 5 times in the last two years.

kaseri

Enlightened
I played on a Tournament team for about 5 years. We traveled across the USA playing major tournaments. We played in the Skydome numerous times & were fully sponsored by a major manufacturer in the paintball industry. I had lots of fun, but playing at that level for so many years eventually took it's toll on us. We retired as a team two years ago. Every now & then we get back together and play in a tournament or two but we are in no way as serious as we had been. I have a bunch of trophies from all the tournaments that we won. I often think about all the good times, people & places that tournament paintball allowed me to experience.

When I was actively playing tournaments I was using the following gear-

WDP Angel IR3
WDP 45ci 4500psi Angel Air
Odyssey Paintball "Halo" Belt Brive loader

Eric_M

Enlightened
What team were you on Kaseri?

I've always loved Angels. Rignt now I'm shooting a Custom Automag ULE RT-Pro, Crossfire tank and an Evo II loader. Never owned an electro but really want to get one to mess around with.

Eric

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
I bought a syder tlr kit and a bunch of equipment.. bdu's and such.. like $350 and went woodsballing once.. lol.. most of the decent woodsball feilds around here are several hours away and nobody ever wants to go. Although, my gun is no longer "Stock" my first and only upgrade is a super short feedneck.

I honestly did not get "pumped".. maybe if we were using real guns.. :) :sssh:

I'm not afraid to get hit, and I get impatient and advance without appropriate cover... getting lit up.. i continue to shoot and **** off the other team..

something about my adrenaline levels now. playing a game like that just doesnt do it for me.

I think it all got screwed up after I jumped out of that airplane that one time...

RebelRAM

Enlightened
I played fairly regular about 6 years ago. We had a team at the office. We would go out and play on the weekends at one of the local paintball fields. It was fun for awhile. I had a Spyder TL and a PGP. Most of the other guys in my team were equipped about the same. We didn't mind playing some of the other teams there, but it got to the point where the teams were getting younger and younger. Not exactly fair especially when my team was mostly 20-somethings and 30-something olds. I think what did it in for my team was the younger kids(12 to 14 year olds) would show up with $1500+ paintball markers, full auto stuff and cases of paint. We tried to help and teach these kids the game, but mostly they just wanted to come out there and spray paint. And their parents kept giving them this equipment and the paintballs to feed it. These kids just wanted to sit in place and mow down the whole field whenever another team would try to advance on them. It just took the fun out of it. Several of us changed jobs and then after that, nobody really had any desire to keep the team going.

I still have my Spyder TL and take it out in the back yard occassionally just to play, but other than that it hasn't seen much use. I think my brother still has his Tippman Pro-something too. Ah well, if anybody ever asks if I want to go out and play paintball with them one Saturday, I already have the equipment and can be ready to go in a matter of minutes.

jtice

Flashaholic
I play too :)
Not in about a year though :( been way too busy.
But I play woods ball when I can.
Lot of fun, sure will get the adrinaline flowing :D

~John

carrot

Flashaholic
I'm a casual paintball player. I like it but don't play often. I'm curious, anyone ever play paintball at night with lights mounted to their guns?

Vee3

Enlightened
I used to play all the time back in the late 80's - early 90's.

My claim to fame is that I popped Ricky Schroder (Silver Spoons actor) in the back one time. He used to play at the same fields me and my friends did...

Eric_M

Enlightened
Night games are played but usually without lights. It gives away your position. Hitting the other guy in the eyes with your light wouldn't be good either depending on what you've got. I'd hate to see a CPF night game with lights...... Everyone would just be sitting there with spots before their eyes and spraying paintballs hoping to hit something. :)

Eric_M

Enlightened
Civil War is a lot of fun.

Basically the 2 teams line up at either end of the field maybe 50 yards apart. You take your hoppers off and manually load 1 ball at a time. The first team loads 1 and shoots. If you're hit you're out. Usually does not happen the first few rounds though. Everyone that didn't get hit takes 1 step forward. The other team loads 1 and shoots. This goes back and forth until there's no players left on 1 team. Remember, there's no cover to hide behind, you're just lined up.

Pretty fun and nerve racking since you're standing there watching the other team take aim and "Three, Two, One, FIRE!" Paintballs don't fly that fast so you can see them coming at you.

Eric

Latest posts