anyone know about property taxes in georgia?

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Different states have different laws. You should dig out your settlement statement from the closing and have a local Realtor look at it, or just explain the situation if you don't have the statement. They will know the law ... and / or take it to the assessor's office who sent it.

Contact the Realtor who you worked with, or call a local Century 21 office and explain it to them. They won't charge you anything. They'll be glad to help you, especially if they think that you may be listing your house at some point in the future, wink, wink.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ask your lawyer if it was paid off at closing. if you do owe tax money, the state might eventually put a lien on your new house but you will probably have time to pay it off.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i make momey i pay taxes i spend money i pay taxes i live in home i oay taxes i sell home i lay taxes no wonder im broke lol.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think it may be best to sell my home even at a lost then just pay the taxes at least my credit rate wont go down plus. ill have some money much better if the state just takes my home.. its geting warmer anyways .its better to have nothing then have something they can take from youn

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie, no one is suggesting you try to act pushy or demanding. We would encourage you to take the time, as disagreeable as it may be, to find out what is going on. Run away from this, and there will be something else you will want to run away from. Try not to stress.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
see ya all on the other side i decided to try therapy again. i want to be a better huamn wish it wasnt so damn far. but im worth it. and so all are you i wanna be a forum memeber you all respect maybe new meds are out perhaps they can help me with life task if not its. ok i adapt and over come

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
see ya all on the other side i decided to try therapy again. i want to be a better huamn wish it wasnt so damn far. but im worth it. and so all are you i wanna be a forum memeber you all respect maybe new meds are out perhaps they can help me with life task if not its. ok i adapt and over come
Be kind to yourself. I doubt anyone is more critical of you than you. You're wise to look for a therapist.

It's hard for people to give you legal or tax advice, but there are services that may be able to help you find answers. For Georgia, here's a resource that might be a good starting point: https://www.glsp.org/need-help/ . Use the directory for your county and call them up. If they can't help, they may be able to direct you to an organization or service that can.

As far as therapy being so damn far, perhaps the following organizations might prove helpful. In 2024, one doesn't necessarily have to travel to obtain help.

https://aliveandwellfoundation.org/about-us/

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i see all the milllinaires and i thought to self with my skills and with the right therapist i can be worth almost. 7 bucks .( btw im irish we like to to make fun of are selfs lol)i know i can be worth almsot 10 bucks

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Stop being so hard on yourself. Check online for a local Property Rights lawyer. Set up a consultation with him to get some concrete answers about Georgia taxes.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its way beter to take the lead and insult ones self. the be insulted by others . if i insult my slef it takes there ammo away i know this seems odd. but i get so so sad if im insulted buy another humans so i take the first shot at my self

its way beter to take the lead and insult ones self. the be insulted by others . if i insult my slef it takes there ammo away i know this seems odd. but i get so so sad if im insulted buy another humans so i take the first shot at my self
It's called self deprecating humor.

Self-deprecation is the act of reprimanding oneself by belittling, undervaluing, disparaging oneself, or being excessively modest. It can be used as a way to make complaints, express modesty, invoke optimal reactions or add humour. It may also be used as a way for individuals to appear more likable and agreeable.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
It's called self deprecating humor.

Self-deprecation is the act of reprimanding oneself by belittling, undervaluing, disparaging oneself, or being excessively modest. It can be used as a way to make complaints, express modesty, invoke optimal reactions or add humour. It may also be used as a way for individuals to appear more likable and agreeable.
i just want to be liked i just dont know how to people. but im trying. but i do admit its easier for me to to talk to dogs or cats. i can just be me . they are. ok with me long as they know im trying humans are confusseing and i for sure blame me becuase all other humans know now to human. but someday i will know how tomdo so my frinds astro helped me and j thjnk of u all as freinds

i just want to be liked i just dont know how to people. but im trying. but i do admit its easier for me to to talk to dogs or cats. i can just be me . they are. ok with me long as they know im trying humans are confusseing and i for sure blame me becuase all other humans know now to human. but someday i will know how tomdo so my frinds astro helped me and j thjnk of u all as freinds
Raggie, I assure you; you're well-liked by more than a few people on this forum. 😁

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty im feeling a bit bettter this am but i always feel best at 3 am the world is quiet . somenights i just go out in back yard and look at the stars irinic im sure. a flashaholc who likes the dark lol