Anyone knows what is 4sevens ATOM ?

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Stopped by my dealer today. Both my batteries tested fine and worked in his sample. Still no dice in mine. He was kind enough to swap it out. Tested in the new one - work fine. Actually swapped heads and bodies just to see - my head worked fine on his body with both SF and Duracell batteries. Neither head would work on my original body. Tried an Energizer with the same results.
All are fine in my new light. He's sending the dud back to 47's to figure it out. Very strange anomaly, but it's all taken care if now. And kudos to a couple guys who know how to take care of the customer!

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AA and ALR2 are now on FourSevens' website.

iuAfzrN.png

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been waiting for that AA to be offered - should be here next week. Really hope this light can run a CRAA (button top fitment), if does it can, it will do triple EDC duty for me - spare batt container for my QPA-X primary, back-up flashlight, and emergency power for all my 2xAA gadgets (cellphone charger, radio, GPS, etc.) just need to make a dummy cell with tinfoil. Will probably displace both my Revo SS and P0 residing on a keychain and back pocket organizer.

Etsu

Enlightened
Yes, the AA looks tempting. But I think I'll wait to see if they offer it in a neutral or warm tint. I've got enough cool whites for now. (Yeah, I know 4sevens probably won't, but perhaps someone like IS will offer a custom build of it like they did with the Preon P2.)

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Yes, the AA looks tempting. But I think I'll wait to see if they offer it in a neutral or warm tint. I've got enough cool whites for now. (Yeah, I know 4sevens probably won't, but perhaps someone like IS will offer a custom build of it like they did with the Preon P2.)

Vinh has a modded Atom. He could probably swap in a neutral for you. Actually, that's not a bad idea...

Etsu

Enlightened
Vinh has a modded Atom. He could probably swap in a neutral for you. Actually, that's not a bad idea...

Probably, but I expect modding costs plus extra shipping costs would make a modded Atom AA not economical, considering it's an inexpensive light.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Agreed, except that my AL hits above it's price class to begin with.

I do love neutral tints. However, in use, I find them best in outdoor situations. This thing is so floody that it doesn't have the throw for me to use it in such situations (except, perhaps, late-night trips to the bathroom and such.) I've been using it in close-quarters and expect it'll come in handy during outdoor reading. So far the cool tint has not been a hindrance.

Update: My 47's battery finally fell below 2.5V and will no longer get out of 1st gear (low mode.) So I dropped in the Duracell that didn't run in sample #1. Worked like a charm, and brought full brightness back so I could complete my task.
What a handy little light.

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I picked up these two lights below from the FourSevens booth at SHOT this year...A red-LED ATOM A0 and a Preon P0-SS...

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
Id buy an Atom AA in a heartbeat if it was priced closer to the Preon P0. The MSRP jump from $25 to $40 is way too much in my opinion.

Enlightened
Id buy an Atom AA in a heartbeat if it was priced closer to the Preon P0. The MSRP jump from $25 to $40 is way too much in my opinion.

That was the first thing I noticed. The price jump for a slightly bigger battery tube is out of line with the pricing established by the P0.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
The differences in mode progression have to be considered when looking at the price. It went from a twist on twist off to advance between the modes to a progressive twisty where one twists a little for low and then twists further for high. The P0 I owned was a bit finicky when trying to mode change, maybe the Atom is engineered to be more reliable in that regard?

gunga

Flashaholic
I don't like my preon p0 at all. The mode switching has become unreliable and finicky. The Atom UI is much better and seems reliable, so far...

BriteGeek

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine this morning (had to wait for my wife to give it to me as a birthday present), so all I have had a chance to do is put the battery in, adjust the headband and turn it on. Think I may like it for when I have to work in the (server) racks! Should know in a day or two if we don't get snowed in.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I have one of the Vinh modded lights. I really like the UI, twist for low then twist more for high, the off position in between the modes makes the function similar to an MBI. You can twist one way for low or the other for high. The glow "reflector" is also a nice touch.